Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken bone recovery question for medics

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Mrs has a small hairline crack in a bone in her foot. She's got it in a boot. Apart from wanting it healed ASAP anyway, we're on hols in 2.5 wks......

Is she best resting it as much as possible or is a bit of use OK? (she did get an answer from the person she saw in hospital today, but has got it a bit mixed up Laughing )
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@MorningGory, Was she not advised on weight bearing activity, using walking aids and when to begin mobilising without the boot? As it's a hairline fracture I would be guided by pain. You can't hurry healing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Grandma Sunshine, Possibly, but her recollection isn't crystal clear Toofy Grin Toofy Grin hence the question. I know it can't be hurried, but it can be slowed down, which I'm keen to avoid.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@MorningGory, I think a phone call to the fracture clinic might be in order here.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go to the bone welder in Ipswich - Brian Simpson https://www.physioclinic.net/
His treatments are unbelievable!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MorningGory, I think @Hells Bells, is correct you should ask orthopaedics for advice on using the boot on how to wean her off it. Injuries to hands and feet always seem to hurt more than you might expect.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MorningGory,

It is all going to depend on what was cracked but a boot is frequently used to allow someone to build up the weight bearing.
It can also allow the door and ankle to be exercised so it doesn’t stiffen.
I’m afraid she will need to clarify with the consultant
She may get lucky by requesting a copy of the letter as this may outline the answers.
Contact the secretary
Jonathan Bell
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy