Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please help re ski accident

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all.

New to the forum but hope someone can help. My son had a fall in Learning Flegarre in January. He suffered a head injury and the whole thing is a blur to him. He was rescued and taken to sallanches hopsital. He was discharged with a yellow slip.

The slip instructs him to contact the town hall for the invoice. We have tried locating which town hall, emailing the hospital, contacting Chamonix tourist information, even writing to our MP.

We have no idea how to locate and get the invoice for rescue and treatment. He has an outstanding bill somewhere and I am afraid when he returns to France to ski next month, he will be collared and asked to pay.

Our insurance company is awaiting the bill but they have also been unable to locate it.

Can anyone please advise us what on earth we are to do.

Many thanks.

Steve.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Steve W,

It's France, nothing is usefully open at the weekend.

Contact Chamonix Mairie. They are usually pretty helpful. Not unreasonably, they may expect you to speak French.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Steve W, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead Hope your son recovered OK. You may get more replies here if you'd posted in the general "The Piste" section which more people look at. Perhaps a moderator can move this thread to there (and delete the duplicate one)?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink wrote:
Perhaps a moderator can move this thread to there (and delete the duplicate one)?

Done

@Steve W, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try calling this number and have a word them,
+33(0)4 50 93 23 23

I had a similar problem, that I did not understand.

I spoke to Oriane Tian, she sorted it out easily.
Good luck.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies folks.
It's an encouraging start.
Thanks, my son was badly concussed but is pretty much back to normal now. He was away with a mate and we were at home. Never been so worried sick. No long term damage. Just s load of hassle. Very thankful he's ok.

I will try the numbers tomorrow. Cheers all. I report back.

Steve.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My friend was 'recovered' at GM last year, but never taken to a doctor or hospital. She received the bill in the post (in UK) several months later.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sallanches Hospital has an office on the top floor that deals with the insurance claims etc. It was a very kind lady a few years ago and she was bilingual. I did of course start off in French but she dealt with the UK insurers and so swapped into English when she could see how upset I was. Maybe try the hospital switchboard, see if you can reach that office and they might help? Glad to hear that he is OK now, what a worry for you all.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@midgetbiker, I had a bill from GM which took over 18 months to be sent to me. My insurance company said that some have taken several years to arrive! What I didn't know to do was to report my accident to the Forfait + insurance bought with my ski pass within 5 days of the incident even though I had received no bill. Unsurprisingly, they weren't interested in settling it...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@midgetbiker, yikes. 18 months . We have kept our Insurance company up to speed. Apparently, they are way behind but the bill should arrive next week.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Cheesie168, Thanks. I discovered today that my yellow slip is only for recovery. I have to go in search of the hospital bill next. Thanks for the info.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rachelharrisonsmith, Hi Rachel. Sorry Rachel. Sent your reply to midget. Thanks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DrLawn, Thanks for the phone number. She is 25k from Chamonix but was a massive help in understanding the process and put my mind at ease. She gave me the contact details for Chamonix and I got all the information I needed. Many many thanks. You and everyone.
Please spare a thought for my son. He is due to go skiing in 4 weeks. He is a keen fell runner also and he badly tore his ankle ligaments at work today. A&E endured. Laid up with the ice and pain killers. Not having much good luck. Poor kid. Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy