Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long Queues, Empty Pistes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One sunny day, this February in St Johann in Tirol, we were turned away from the two main car parks as they were full (never had this before) and ended up in a satellite village and catching a gondola up from there. There were quite long queues at the lift (again, never seen a queue here) and when we made are way across to the main gondola station in town it was heaving.
There were lots of people sunning themselves at the top of the mountain and sitting around outside all the bars on the mountain.

What I don't get is that the pistes were pretty empty.
Surely, time on the mountain is money - and plenty of it!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Drammeister wrote:
There were lots of people sunning themselves at the top of the mountain and sitting around outside all the bars on the mountain.

...that’s because people have different wants and desires from their holiday. They don’t have to please you, nor do you have to please them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drammeister wrote:

They were probably skiing while you were fighting your way up the mountain. By the time you got there they were soaking up the sun with a nice cold beer and you had the slopes to yourself. Everyone's a winner.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suspect it might be locals able to visit most weekends that time and weather allow, probably having done that all their lives. They may have slightly different priorities to those of us only able to visit for one -often fixed way in advance- 6 day window each year. Although I still feel luckier than those unable to ski at all for whatever reason......
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy