Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Womans Snowboard

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so I'm looking to buy a new board for my wife. She's 5'1" and weighs around the 7.5 to 8 stone mark. She's been boarding for 5 weeks, and is now competent on blues and reds, and will tackle good condition blacks.

Her existing board is a Nidecker 145 - it was bought as a low-cost first board and she has now outgrown it... the base is too slow to carry her through the flat sections, ( she is light anyway and doesn't have the momentum to carry her through flats, even though her technique is now pretty good ) and the board is too short and flexible to be comfortable at speed.

She now needs a board to really progress on. She favours piste cruising and is not interested in park riding per se. So an all mountain board would fit the bill.

My expectation is up the length, go for a ~150. Having bought a K2 Ambush a few years ago, and see my boarding take a leap in progression, I have to say I favour a K2 board in the expectation it'll push my wife's riding in the same way. The 'Mix' or the 'Luna' look the obvious targets.

Any other suggestions for board choice, or comments on whether you agree with my choice of K2 board ?

Money is, I'm afraid, not an object as this is a gift for her having gone through child birth recently - and to skimp would be churlish !

Thanks,

R
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought a K2 Gamma a few years ago, and it really progressed me, so K2 is a good choice in my humble opinion
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I love my nitro blackwidow, in fact all girls i I have met who have ridden one love them.

Seams a pretty fast base, I'm small and light but can keep up with my other half on the flats; holds an edge well on ice, face it, i didn't DO ice before....; and responds quickly which is just as well as i am getting a bit old....

I don't do parks but am not averse to the odd leap of faith and have never felt out of control.

Highly reccomended, although it is not a beginers board by any means.

Girl in our chalet has a K" luna, but as she arrived a total beginer, I can't really comment other than to say, it looks a nice set up.

What I will say is, that the learning curve is so rapid i snowboarding that you can quickly outgrow a board if you don't aim high enough, but again, you don't want to be buying something designed for experts that'll be too twichy at higher speeds.

Finally, as long as you stay away from the entry level boards, which really are just for beginers, these days you would be very hard pushed to buy a bad board so long as you get the correct size. So, just pick the nicest looking one!!

It usually works for most people!

Jo
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy