Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Ski Boot Bag?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi There,

I need to change my ski boot bag. Ideally I'd like a fairly spacious one as I use it as hand luggage & try to get as much stuff into it as possible. I was looking at this one
https://www.glideslide.co.uk/17153/products/dakine-ski-boot-bag-back-pack-50l-2019-brighton.aspx

But I'm not sure about carrying then like a rucksack, e.g. how practical, useful, bulky,etc??
Anyone got one of these & what do they think of them?

Otherwise maybe a more traditional Strolz one might be my choice.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought this one before christmas, can get lots in it including helmet. It is big and I wouldn't want to be lugging it around to much but it is great for getting everything in, my brother and some of his friends have also bought it now. Separate pockets for each boot and some other well designed pockets and suitable as hand luggage as long as you don't overfill it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E712FBY/ref=asc_df_B01E712FBY58690994/?tag=amz07b-21&creative=22110&creativeASIN=B01E712FBY&linkCode=df0&hvadid=311137623728&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7736042497108401463&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007277&hvtargid=pla-548901658030&th=1&psc=1
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SnowKart one fits EasyJet hand luggage dimensions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have both those linked above, the Dakine & Solomon.
The Dakine has far more room than the Salomon. - Especially if you have your own helmet, as the Solomon has a lot of wasted space once you put a helmet in.

It can be a bit bulky, but not that bad if you have some spacial awareness!
Weird thing is, it does not feel as bulky as the Salomon - I think thats down to the salomon weird shape.

My mate had the triangular sno-kart & it fell to bits after 3 trips

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 4-03-19 18:07; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unless the boots fit in “Tetris” style you are likely to breach the hand luggage limits if the airline is enforcing their rules.

Both the Dakine and the Salomon above exceed the 25cm depth limit. The Snokart one is just inside the limits 24cm deep x 36cm wide x 54cm.

Typical limits are:

EasyJet - 56 x 45 x 25 cm
Ryanair - 40 x 20 x 25cm
BA - 56 x 45 x 25 cm + 40 x 30 x 15cm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Salomon Go To Snow gear bag. Comfortable when carried on your back as a standard rucksack. You can stuff a lot of gear in the pack but it's a bit too big for hand luggage if the airline closely follows its rules.

latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have one these, https://www.snokart.com/collections/ski-boot-bags/products/boot-helmet-pack careful packing and loads of stuff fits in with the boots and helmet and I've never had it questioned as hand luggage.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Salomon bag is empty, but I have puffed it up as best I can. Salomon was bought for other half but she finds both bulky & wont use either...
Dakine has my helmet + spare visor, boots, socks, snood, waxes, tools, etc.
side to side - more depth on the dakine, but the boots are close to your back

back straps - Salomon is higher & wider - dakine chest clips are a godsend!

Also the dakine zip for boots gives you something to stand on if you was putting them on outside nr the slopes.

if you want pics of any parts of the bags, then just ask.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You want this one if you can get it (not sure if its discontinued) - Dakine DLX Cargo Pack 55L SKU:8351092

Boots fit tetris style and you can get a load more in it . . .compression straps and overall size means it complies and will fit perfectly in overhead lockers on the plane . . concealed rucksack straps mean its easy to carry - weight is heavy though however I've never been checked to date and have used this for several seasons
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This stuff depends on which airline you like to travel with.

For example BA will carry skis free of charge and you can use one of the massive ski bags with wheels at one end and stick up to 23kg in there. Then you can get a large backpack which just about fits in the cabin luggage dimensions but actually the check-in staff much prefer to put that in the hold, so you don't have to haul it around, and that is free also. Then you get a second cabin item on top, all free. And the cost is only slightly more than Easyjet which really stings you for carrying skis (though not as much as Ryanair do).

I find that a ski backpack which takes the boots and the helmet won't squeeze into the cabin luggage dimensions, but removing the helmet makes it work.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You could probably fit a pair of boots 69 style flat on the bottom of a North Face Duffle ‘small’ size and then lay your empty skiing rucksack, if you have one, on top as well as a small laptop and few accessories such as goggles. Helmet gets strapped to the outside which has never been a issue for me.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy