Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet intercom - Interphone

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello. Newish skier here. I'm also a motorcyclist, and a few years ago I bought a dual pack of the Interphone F5MC for mine and my wife's helmets. However, of late, I very rarely use the bike anymore and have decided to sell it. Rather than let the gadgets go to waste, I installed them in our ski helmets (we've got ones where you can put the speakers in the earflaps, and the mike is a bendy one which goes in front). They have been BRILLIANT! The range is excellent - we've had them working at about 1km apart, and I honestly don't know how we'd have done without them. Also connects to your phone over BT so you can listen to music, answer the phone or whatever. Or, indeed, use the Carv system, which I shall also give a quick review about in another post.

Here's a link to the newer product which is available now, which I might consider - it's a bit slimmer so not so protruding on the helmet. Sports Bike Shop were excellent with their advice and delivery.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’d considered something like this for communicating with the kids. Ref playing music, I wonder how you stand insurance-wise if there’s a collision whilst listening to music.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I got some cheap ones off EBay for £15 bluetooth connection to my phone.
Use it with Zello & a PTT button (For Android, £1 on ebay if you look for a camera button which works as a PTT button).
Wont work with IOS though. You need a proper zello approved button which cost a lot more.

You can also use other apps & the headset/mic can activate on sound alone - so no need for PTT
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Much as I adore my wife I don’t really want to actively encourage her to talk to me while skiing. Whatever needs to be said can surely wait a minute or so until we next stop.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I wonder how you stand insurance-wise if there’s a collision whilst listening to music

There is masses of discussion elsewhere about the perils of listening to music - but I've not seen any other discussion about using this motorbike technology in ski helmets. So can we just focus on that?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have them on my motorbike helmet too, four of us link on bike tours.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a uClear system, I think it’s an HBC 220. I use it both on my motorbike and while skiing, it’s waterproof so it can cope with both environments. I’ve had it for about 6 years and it is hands down the best skiing purchase I’ve made (besides my boots).

While skiing, I can use it to chat with my 10 year-old, I can hear if I’ve gotten a text message, and I can listen to music. If you have kids, an intercom is more fun than you can imagine!

On my motorbike, I use it mainly for podcasts and for voice directions from my GPS (on my phone). The auditory GPS guidance is critical so that I don’t have to look down at anything.

The intercoms also take hands-free telephone calls, but I almost never want to do that - it’s nice to be able to make a call at a stop without taking off your motorcycle helmet though.

(Oh - the uClear system does a “hopping” thing where you can connect up to 10 of the units each 100 meters apart. We have 3 in our family and they work well together while skiing, I have never used the intercom function on my motorbike)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I wonder how you stand insurance-wise if there’s a collision whilst listening to music

There is masses of discussion elsewhere about the perils of listening to music - but I've not seen any other discussion about using this motorbike technology in ski helmets. So can we just focus on that?

I hadn’t realised it had been done to death or I wouldn’t have said anything. I just picked up on the op mentioning listening to music on the system is all.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy