Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private lesson in La Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any suggestions for an instructor for a couple of private lessons in La Thuile for a 14 year old girl who has lost her confidence after a fall last year? She's a good skier but wants to get her mojo back
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
manage to sort anyone yet?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not yet. Gonna wait till we get there. Daughter will insist on female instructor, pref slightly older one. Not that she's fussy mind
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes my oh had a female instructor last time. I think it might have been Federica iirc. She was quite good. Very patient. Much better than the fella i had who insisted on taking me up to the hardest red he could find and skiing off to the bottom at a million miles an hour.

I hate to say it but i think women can often be better instructors than us men. Younger guys seem too tied up with looking good and showing off from what i have experienced.

There is a guide who i think also does lessons. Our friends hired him for the day previously. His name is Giorgio Bisotti giorgio@echotravel.co.uk

I have no personal experience of him but they suggested we contact him for our upcoming trip in march. I am wondering if a day with him (four of us) will be better than say a private lesson every other day in March
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Sweedish, I think you are right. Daughter skis well, so her last instructor (young lad) bombed off at Mach 2, leaving her to scare herself silly
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't want to sound like an old g*t but i much prefer someone who has a bit of age(experience) with stuff like this!
Course there can be good young people. But you want someone who hasn't just 'fell' into a job for something to do/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Grateful for any feedback on ski school/instructors in La Thuile. Am looking for an instructor who can improve my daughters race technique, preferably native English speaker.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My daughters had a couple of private lessons with Jean Paul (La Thuile Ski School) - he was very good with nervous younger daughter who had lost her confidence after a fall and then took our older daughter for a couple of hours and really improved her technique down the black runs into the village. I think he is French, but his English was very good and he was great with both the children.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dobby, who did you go with?

I am after recommendations for next year. My daughter although has increased in confidence and speed she still needs gentle nurturing Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy