Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

airbnb taxe de sejour

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all,
Anyone know the position with the taxe de sejour and airbnb? My receipt from them shows that they collected an occupancy tax (allegedly for tds) but the owner has requested tds as well.

Airbnb said that what they collected was a tax for the French government, payable by me for them to do business in France (as I understood) and the tds would still be payable locally.

It was always my understanding that the tds was paid per adult locally to the hotel or whatever.

Would appreciate any clarity on this.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Local tax was included in our Airbnb rate in St Gervais last month. Nothing payable to the owner directly (apart from a cleaning deposit, which was refunded).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Owner doesn’t need to claim it from you- he just submits his Airbnb receipts to his local Mairie once a year to prove it’s been collected. Well that’s how it works for us in morzine
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In certain resorts, Airbnb collect the TDS directly from the person booking and the owner can then show the Mairie the receipts, outside of this, the onus is on the owner to collect and pay the Mairie at the end of the season.
https://www.airbnb.fr/help/article/2284/occupancy-tax-collection-and-remittance-by-airbnb-in-france
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all replies - very useful. Airbnb were wrong in their explanation and they had already collected the tds so nothing to pay locally. The owner wasn't all that clued up either. Anyway, all sorted now!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy