Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morning private lessons - Val Thorens - week of April 6th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I’m looking to book private lessons in Val Thorens for week of the 6th April (probably 4 x 2 1/2 hours over the week eg Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri). Our preference is to do mornings, based on likely snow conditions and post-lunch knackered-ness.

I’ve had a look at a number of places, but all seem to only offer lunchtime or afternoons at this stage - I’m assuming then that most of the instructors are tied up with group lessons before lunch, and I’ve left it too late. Had a look at maisonsport, but only ones listing availability have come back with a ‘Non’.

Anyone got any advice or recommendations for other options?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know about availability but oxygene offer mornings 3 or 4 hours and 2.5 at lunch. My wife is booked up for a couple of morning lessons.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Pejoli, try contacting the guy I posted on this thread - I put a Photo of his business card up on it if scroll down.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=136052
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NickyJ wrote:
@Pejoli, try contacting the guy I posted on this thread - I put a Photo of his business card up on it if scroll down.

Thanks for replying - I saw your thread before, which is where I got the maisonsport suggestion from - unfortunately he (and others) are booked out for mornings. Glad he worked out for you though, and one to keep in mind for future visits!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jarji wrote:
Don't know about availability but oxygene offer mornings 3 or 4 hours and 2.5 at lunch. My wife is booked up for a couple of morning lessons.

Yeah - missed the boat with Oxygene it seems, but they’re my plan B for lunchtime if I can’t find anything for the mornings. Have used them in Val D, les Arcs and La Plagne, with generally good results. Thanks for the tip though.

However ... (at risk of drifting my own thread) I do find the schools a bit of a lottery in terms of who actually rocks up for the weeks lessons - I’ve also used evo2 (tignes) and esf (arcs 1600) for private lessons in the past - no ones been awful, but there’s been a fair spread between the ok and the best. It may just be that one person clicks with me, but I’m not sure how they actually quality control who’s on their books, other than chopping anyone who’s dire. Last year for example I joined my 14 year old sons instructor for a couple of days (switching with my daughter who went with my wife), and his style was very much of the ‘follow me’ school which I wasn’t as impressed compared to the other guy - though my son didn’t seem to mind as they both disappeared off into the distance down the Aiguille Rouge with me desperately trying to keep up and not bottle it .... on the other hand I’ve had some really excellent instructors from all three schools mentioned.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you tried TDC who are now in Meribel. They do 3 morning coaching clinics which are restricted to small groups and so give nearly private lessons without the cost. They do standard private lessons too.

You'd need to speak to them and see if they can make it work even though you are in VT. It's possible.

http://www.tdcski.com

Used the Val d'Isere instructors and highly recommend.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We’ve used Girlschool private lessons for our daughters for the last four years and they’ve loved their lessons with Chloe and have made huge improvements. Highly recommended! Friends have booked with Julia her partner and have also been very happy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pejoli wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Thanks for replying - I saw your thread before, which is where I got the maisonsport suggestion from - unfortunately he (and others) are booked out for mornings. Glad he worked out for you though, and one to keep in mind for future visits!

Oh dear, best of luck. You have given me the push to get my daughters private lessons properly booked last night for when we go out to Mayrhofen in April.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sno trax wrote:
Have you tried TDC who are now in Meribel. They do 3 morning coaching clinics which are restricted to small groups and so give nearly private lessons without the cost. They do standard private lessons too.

You'd need to speak to them and see if they can make it work even though you are in VT. It's possible.

http://www.tdcski.com

Used the Val d'Isere instructors and highly recommend.

I would also recommend TDC's coaching clinics as a good alternative to private lessons (having done both). Also based on experience in Val d'Isere.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy