Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding lessons Alleghe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We’re off to Alleghe on the 16th Feb, tried to book snowboarding lessons over a month ago but couldn’t get what I wanted to have been putting off ever since. We’re after 3 days of group snowboarding lessons for my son (he’s got a week of past experience) and my wife (she’s a skier, had a private snowboarding lesson before but probably still at beginner level).
Both the ski schools in Alleghe are only able to offer private lessons - I think they are at sufficiently different levels that they couldn’t share unless there is a suitable small slope where they could be given different things to do. Group lessons would also give some social aspect.
I can get group lessons in Arabba but that looks to be a 30 min drive away.
It’s our first time to the Dolomites - usually has to Austria.

So looking for a bit of local knowledge- is the drive over to Arabba doable for 3 days out of the week or would joint private lessons around Alleghe work?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was in alleghe last week and am fairly sure i saw a snowboard lesson group of about 5 scooting about the hill... I wish I could remember the name of the ski school it was with but despite reading it on a few instructors jackets can't seem to bring it back now, sorry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could try getting in touch with these guys... https://www.funnyski.it/en/snowboard-courses/

I’m hoping they can do a couple of private snowboarding lessons for my son in March but I haven’t got in contact yet, just been researching!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jjams82, the local ski schools advertise lessons but say they don’t have enough people to run the course.
@caspriddy, the name appeals, they’re based on the other side of the hill but might be able to get over either via lifts or a drive. Will check what group courses they are running.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@caspriddy, Didn’t use funny ski but went past their beginners area and looks to be a good setup. In the end my done had 4 mornings of ski lessons and a day on the snowboard kicking off with a private lesson and the rest of the time hanging out with me.
I think the Zoldo area is good for learning to snowboard, off the nursery slope there is a long blue back to the gondola with no flats and then shorter but very wide easy red down to a chair. Are you staying in Zoldo? We stopped there for coffee and cake on the way back to the airport and liked the look of the town.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@simonbaddeley, thanks for the update, that is really useful to know. Yes we are staying in Zoldo, have been there quite a few times before as we know the family who own these apartments (http://www.residence-panorama.net/). It is a lovely little village, and really convenient for a long weekend. But this is the first year my eldest boy is going to try snowboarding and I've been trying to remember good places to take him! Hope you had a nice holiday.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy