Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski insurance supplement

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am going skiing 4 days to Austria and then 4 days to Slovakia in March. My travel insurance does not cover winter sports and I cannot change the policy (i.e. add winter cover) at this stage.

What is recommended for additional ski coverage for me and my partner? Most insurance policies which are single trip but also include travel insurance and not just winter cover which I do not need.

We are also planning on getting the evacuation insurance that you get with you ski pass on the mountain.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pred02, just buy full policies with winter sports cover. It'll be pretty cheap with someone like insure and go. You dont generally get evacuation cover with your lift pass in Austria....the pisteurs will get you off the mountain but you will need cover for ambulance and medical treatment and potentially repatriation

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 19-02-19 11:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just buy a single trip policy, they mostly have an option for winter cover. Last one I bought for my daughter was through Direct Travel and cost under £30. Rescue cover look at Austrian Alpine Club UK, particularly if you do anything else that might need you rescuing from somewhere remote (land or sea) the rest of the year as the cover is one of the membership benefits,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are skiing in the Arlberg, you can get the Arlberg safety card (ASC) for €15 for up to 8 days from the ticket office when you buy your pass. It's quick and easy and they take a picture of you and print it on your lift pass.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pred You must make sure you're covered for repatriation and prolonged recuperation locally. Scenario is you're discharged from the hospital but need time to recover before it's feasible to travel home. Your EHIC won't cover this and the cost could be hefty. If you have both covered then a lengthy recuperation is an incentive for the insurer to fly/ambulance you home, at which point their liability is finished. I know the odds are low, but that's the nature of insurance.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you dont want to pay for a single trip policy look at the Austrian Alpine Club, part of the membership is mountain rescue insurance (no nonsense about off piste exclusions) and basic medical cover see https://aacuk.org.uk/p-mountain-rescue-search-insurance
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just beware https://www.skiarlberg.at/en/regions/ski-area/lech-oberlech-zuers/tickets/safety-card covers you on piste and on ski routes -not off piste
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy