Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Costco in USA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we’re off to Utah next month and wondered if anyone has ever used their UK Costco card in the US. I’ve noticed both in Canada and the US that some locals seem to buy lift tickets at Costco. Any info would be appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ve used mine in Hawaii (Maui)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Costco T&Cs say "Your membership card is valid at any Costco warehouse worldwide ..."
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep your card works in any Costco
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JohnDory, Where in UT are you going ? Depending where you're ski you can get discounted lift tickets at quite a few places.

Will be out there, later this week until mid March - snow so far is looking great - 120+" so far this month Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd be interested to hear how Costco compares to the prices on the resort websites. A couple of years ago they all seemed to be claiming that buying direct offered the cheapest prices, and they certainly had some healthy discounts for mid-week days (and weekends if booked in advance). I tried comparing prices with a couple of local 7/11 type places and a ski hire place, and the resort sites were cheaper or the same, but I wasn't anywhere near a big walmart/costco so couldn't check them.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies. Great to know we can use our cards. We’re flying into Vegas, trying Eagle point the next day on our way to SLC. 11 nights in SLC where we’ll visit Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton, Park City. We’ve done all those before and kind of always worked to a schedule. This year we’re going to look at conditions each day and go where looks best. We’d also like to try Deer Valley. Calling at Brian Head on Day 12 before heading back to Vegas for 3 nights. Is Costco with doing? Are they date stamped? Or if anyone knows other ways to get cheap tickets, would be very much appreciated. Heading out March 17th. Bones - enjoy!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@JohnDory, it may not fit in so neatly with your itinerary, but it's definitely worth checking out the resorts around Ogden if you can fit them in. They're a bit quieter, so competition for fresh tracks is not so crazy...I had a couple of amazing days at Powder Mountain two years ago.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JohnDory, Eagle Point is a great little funky place Toofy Grin Sounds like a good trip. We'll be gone when you fly out.

Doubt you'll get cheap Park City tickets as they're part of Vail Corp - For the Cottonwoods you can either get the Salt Lake super pass, or try local ski shops etc. You can also try Liftopia but often need to purchase 24 hrs before. We found the ski shops offer very similar prices, as they don't make much on them IIRC. If staying in a hotel they may offer discounted tickets too - as we have done this in the past.

Mountain Collective, or Ikon pass might work for you too - we bought the MC pass early and will be skiing Snowbird and Alta for around $40 a day.

Ogden way, you wont get cheap Powder Mtn tickets any more Sad But you can Snowbasin. Worth the drive if they get the weather. Easy to feel on your own at Powder Mtn, due to size and restricted numbers.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Too late to get the Mtn. Collective Pass, but it does offer 6 days btwn Alta, Snowbird & Snowbasin, 7 with early pass buy. Something I plan on getting for our trip.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We used our card in Denver to buy a child car seat for a lot less than our car hire company wanted for 10 days hire. (Then dropped it at a charity shop on the way home.)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cosco tickets are NOT date stamped. However, they’re often sold as ‘pairs’. So will work best if you have even number in your party. (Or need to ski 2 days in each mountain)

Also, they may be out of stock at random days in any given store.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Costco tickets are rarely cheap in salt lake

Better deals are found either booking online or in Ski n See in downtown SLC (ski shop)

I also recommend a trip up to Ogden, snowbasin is an awesome resort.

Use Costco for cheap fuel with your member card .

Forget skiing brighton , unless you're under 25 and a snowboarding dude.

Love Alta.... arrive early for rockstar parking

Snowbird use the Valet parking

Solitude is also a lovely little resort

Cry at the lift ticket price at deer valley and then lunch at the Regis or the Stein Erickson because you may as well break the bank properly

Look up La Caille... best restaurant on the way up to the cottonwood canyons

If you need new boots Sport Loft are the best boot fitters in the world .

We have skied Utah most years for the last 15 .... alas $2 £ 2 weeks 3 star hotel for $600 and huge SUV hire for peanuts are just memories past ......

Still love it though and often have a few days in Vegas on the way

Oh if you have a few hours to kill battlefield Vegas is my wife's favourite few hours ... unless your anti guns it's a great experience
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thais for all the advice and replies. This will be our third SLC ski trip and usually use Liftopia for passes but had a bit of a disagreement with them last time (long story) and vowed never to use them again. Just looking for alternatives to window sales. If the consensus is Costco not worth the hassle then I’ll look at the other suggestions - thanks.
We’ve never done Deer Valley and always wanted too, so think we’ll give it a spin if conditions are good. Will try and do a drive out to Ogden too.
We’ve usually done hotels but found a good 2 bed apartment, kitchen, living area, washer,dryer etc, on AirBNB that looks nice for cheaper than room only hotel. Even though there’s just the two of us we like having more space than one room.
We’re literally landing in Vegas and hitting the road. Booked a one night cheap hotel on the road, in Mesquite, for the first night in as jet-lag usually hits us early.
Vegas for 3 nights on the way home which we’ve done about 15 times now, so using it for a bit of chill time before home (and maybe a bit of poker Laughing )
Thanks again all.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sounds like you know it fairly well

We normally hop on delta from Vegas to SLC and use 3 days prior to heading up

Would be interested to know what the drive is like and how long it actually takes

We stay in the little America alot hence using ticket sales from ski and see round the corner.

From SLC we have only gone as far as Wendover on the Nevada border but that drive was mind numbing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy