Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lessons/Equipment Recommendation for Pyrenees Orientales

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had another great week with my 9 year old son who managed to to gain his ESF third star. If you are not too keen on larger resorts that may be packed to the brim with UK visitors during the Feb half term, highly recommend staying in a base (either in or near resorts) and trying out the smaller resorts in the near vicinity, a few days in each for variety (Font Romeu/Les Angles/Espace c'Ambre d'Aze). Plenty of flights into Barcelona all year round and the tree lined nature and favourable weather conditions of the south west is always conducive to keeping morale up!

We find usually 3-4 private lessons is enough in a week to advance to the next level, and means no rush to get up really early to make a manditory start time for a group lesson. For example you could arrive lateish to beat the early morning queues, ski during lunchtime when it is quiet, have a late lunch and a lesson at 3 or 4pm. There are plenty of English speaking ESF instructors available in all 3 resorts. Robin G, a recent arrival to Les Angles, was a particular hit with my son.

With regards to hiring equipment, I particularly recommend the Cariboo sports outlet in Eyne. They seem well stocked and hired out some great quality Fischer skis and boots to my son for a reasonable price that seemed to grip the hard pack like a razor!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy