Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Baggage Issues - Manchester Airport

Poster: A snowHead
For anyone travelling with EasyJet from Manchester like we are this weekend. see link below

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/easyjet-passengers-told-arrive-least-15842435

Passengers are being advised to arrive 3 hours before their flights because of issues with baggage handler "Menzies" rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought they were booksellers!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I arrived into Manchester from Geneva with Easyjet on Saturday night, but my ski bag containing £1k's worth of ski touring kit didn't, along with several other peoples' ski bags, which hadn't been loaded onto the plane Crying or Very sad

Still no news about when I will get it returned although it had supposedly been sent over on flight yesterday. I spoke to someone on the baggage tracing helpline last night and they said that the Menzies contract with Easyjet was ending, with a new company taking it on today. Great timing to coincide with the half-term chaos!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We flew out on Saturday me had the same pre flight advice. We did as we were told, long que to get to the bag drop label printers, and then 20 min wait to actually drop the bag on to the conveyors, which seemed to be constantly jamming, with token gestures from the staff to push bags onto the main conveyor. Bags all arrived at Milan without issue. Can't say I'm looking forward to the return and inevitable delays in getting out bags.
If flying out I'd take their advice and get there early.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We arrived back on Saturday 16th with EJ from Lyon and it took about 90 mins for bags to appear.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers for the heads up, Our flight is 6:30am on Friday to Granada... may as well not go to bed at this rate Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Left this morning from Manchester. easyJet swapped ground handling companies from Menzies to DHL (books to parcels!) on Monday. The aircraft arrived 2 minutes late, but it was a model of disorganisation and lack of leadership. The baggage handlers loaded the outgoing cases which blocked the access for the hi lift to disembark a wheelchair user. So as there was an incoming passenger still aboard so we could not load until the chap was taken off at scheduled departure time. Cue a completely avoidable delay. But there was 6 supervisors (TCOs) talk about chiefs and Indians. They also had to resort to shouting in the departure area as they couldn't seem to work the tannoy.

MAN is not busy mid morning on a Wed, best of luck on Saturday folks!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still waiting for the return of my delayed ski bag from Saturday's Geneva to Manchester flight Sad

There doesn't appear to be much effort going on by Easyjet or Menzies to get it sent back over, and I'm wondering whether Menzies have washed their hands of any outstanding jobs now that the contract has changed.

Abysmal service considering you pay £70 return for ski carriage.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Never had a good, swift, easy experience at Manchester with returning baggage (nor outgoing security, really) no matter which handlers. Had really hoped to avoid the airport in future, having moved north, but it seems that's not to be so far Sad .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CathS wrote:
Still waiting for the return of my delayed ski bag from Saturday's Geneva to Manchester flight Sad

There doesn't appear to be much effort going on by Easyjet or Menzies to get it sent back over, and I'm wondering whether Menzies have washed their hands of any outstanding jobs now that the contract has changed.

Abysmal service considering you pay £70 return for ski carriage.

Consider the £70 to include the cost of them couriering to your home and saving you the trouble of lugging it home. Hope you didnt have to wait around too long to find out it had been lost. And at least it was on the wsy home and not when you needed them.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Consider the £70 to include the cost of them couriering to your home and saving you the trouble of lugging it home. Hope you didnt have to wait around too long to find out it had been lost. And at least it was on the wsy home and not when you needed them.

Well, that's what I initially thought, but 5 days later they clearly haven't couriered the bag to my home. The latest report is that it's still sat in Geneva Airport. That's a poor service considering that when I've mail ordered skis from Europe the postage has been around £10 and they've arrived in 2-3 days.

I need the kit for another trip in a weeks time, so the way things are going I'll be having to borrow, hire and buy various bits and pieces instead.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had to wait a week when they lost mine. Apparently they found it in the UK the day we landed but took a werk to get to me due to the crappy courier they used in the UK to go from Gatwick to Central London. So I hate to think how long it will be if its still in Geneva.

When it did show they had managed to make a few small rips in it, I pointed this out and (eventually) got a new one off them.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CathS wrote:

I need the kit for another trip in a weeks time, so the way things are going I'll be having to borrow, hire and buy various bits and pieces instead.

Ask them to hang on to it for a few days, and pick it up when you come back to Geneva, and save yourself another 70 quid.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
WindOfChange wrote:
CathS wrote:

Ask them to hang on to it for a few days, and pick it up when you come back to Geneva, and save yourself another 70 quid.

That would be too easy and make sense, so surely not much chance of happening in real life.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes - it does sound easy and would make sense, but I'm not going to Geneva next week.
snow conditions
And I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be quite as simple as just rocking up, asking for the bag and it being handed over in the blink of an eyelid...
latest report
CathS wrote:
Quote:

Well, that's what I initially thought, but 5 days later they clearly haven't couriered the bag to my home. The latest report is that it's still sat in Geneva Airport. That's a poor service considering that when I've mail ordered skis from Europe the postage has been around £10 and they've arrived in 2-3 days.

You have described what I was fearing in the back of my mind... I also need my gear back as we have another trip planned 10days after returning back from this weekends trip...I hope you get it sorted soon Sad
snow report
Well if you both end up renting skis due to the non-delivery of yours then keep the receipts (keep it reasonable, not FIS top of the line) and ask EZ to reimburse you.
snow conditions
@Spike107, Which flight were you on?

The same Saturday evening flight as me with the defective hold?
snow report
CathS wrote:
@Spike107, Which flight were you on?

The same Saturday evening flight as me with the defective hold?

No we have yet to travel... we fly tomorrow 06:30 to Granada... come back very late Monday. Only have a long weekend for this trip so I'm going to be mightily peeed off if there's any baggage delay (especially on the way out)
latest report
@chocksaway, Feck ! I worked for DHL for a number of years, pre Deutsa Post ownership and went back again. After the DP purchase it became a huge animal, with lots of different divisions acquired and bought together without any cohesion. I rejoined as a senior sales manager having being told clear responsibility and accountability, two weeks after joining, found out another acquisition had recruited someone to do basically the same role as me, it all sounds very similar still 10 years on ( I left in 2008 so can't take any accountability !)
ski holidays
I've just flown back to Manchester on my regular AerLingus trip from Cork. I had to wait 45 minutes for bags instead of the usual 10. Also I would recommend no longer using the T1 meet and greet parking. You now have to collect your car from the top of the multi storey
snow report
@CathS, I'm confused (nothing unusual there then) as to how your ski bag not being loaded in Geneva is the fault of EasyJets Manchester handling agents. Puzzled
ski holidays
@adithorp,

I was told to pursue the delayed baggage via Menzies, so presumably they use the same company in Geneva. God knows.

It has now been passed on to a secondary tracing company anyway, after apparently zero progress in the last 5 days.
ski holidays
It must be hard to locate a 2m long bag in such an unsecure area as Geneva airside.
ski holidays
@CathS, You can contact SwissPort directly ...
https://missing-bag.swissport.com/geneva-en.htm
I have been to collect missing bags for customers a couple of times a few years back when I did transfers from GVA.
Once they were pretty organised and when I showed them the receipt, they went and got the bag straight away, and just took a photocopy of my passport so they had a record of who they had given it to.
The other occasion they showed me over to a big pile of bags and told me to find it myself.
When I located it I showed them the 2 matching labels, but they we're at all bothered.
On both occasions though it was there, so don't give up hope.
ski holidays
WindOfChange wrote:
@CathS, You can contact SwissPort directly ...
https://missing-bag.swissport.com/geneva-en.htm
I have been to collect missing bags for customers a couple of times a few years back when I did transfers from GVA.
Once they were pretty organised and when I showed them the receipt, they went and got the bag straight away, and just took a photocopy of my passport so they had a record of who they had given it to.
The other occasion they showed me over to a big pile of bags and told me to find it myself.
When I located it I showed them the 2 matching labels, but they we're at all bothered.
On both occasions though it was there, so don't give up hope.

+1 - During Chrismtas one of the bags from London didn't show up at Geneva - a friend on a flight the next day picked it up with the missing bag identifier tag number and the original passengers details, and they just took a copy of the passport incase the original bag holder ever filed a police report for missing/stolen property. It was super simple and quick.
ski holidays
@WindOfChange, @extremerob,

Thanks for the encouraging advice.

I wonder if it would be as straightforward for a bag checked in for departure as opposed to missing on arrival?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From the size of the pile of misplaced bags I saw, I think they're all in one place - once it's airside, it's airside.
ski holidays
Quote:

Never had a good, swift, easy experience at Manchester with returning baggage (nor outgoing security, really) no matter which handlers. Had really hoped to avoid the airport in future, having moved north, but it seems that's not to be so far .

we flew in to Manchester last weekend an commented that it was the quickest we could remember getting our bags returned - two suitcases and massive board bag. 10 minutes tops from walking through passport control to leaving the airport. that was with jet2. waited ages in Geneva though.
ski holidays
Jet2 do their own handling at Manchester. Maybe in house is the way to go.
ski holidays
Flew back in to MAN today from Milan, bags arrived on the conveyor within 5 mins of clearing immigration, pleasantly surprised to say the least!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy