Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming - Tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, couldn't find too much on here about Schladming so here's a new post.

Just after some info, apres, food, pistes etc.

apart from Hohenhaus are there any other apres bars that play proper "Austro-pop"?
Any huts have any specialties worth checking out?
Is the Glacier worth a trip?
anything else to check out?

Cheers! Looking forward to it!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Disaster, I have no idea about après but I do like the Schafalm (sheep hut with real sheep inside!) on Planai.

The glacier is a bit of a mission. You basically have to drive up beyond Ramsau to get the cable car up there. There are three short drag lifts up there and a chairlift which is often closed. Not much skiing, but stunning views.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Disaster,

Glacier can be cold and bleak. Only worth visiting on a bluebird day (when it is spectacular) but then probably better to ski elsewhere.

Piste 10/11 (Mitterhaus) is very nice. Very wide and superb if good corduroy.

Pistes go quiet at midday. Then busy after 13:30 ish.

Lifts from the valley start spinning at 08:15.

Traditional food: Fastenburg hut.

Fast self service: Kessleralm, Hochwurzenhutte, Marchenwiesenhutte

Not fussed on Austro-pop so can't help there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Disaster, https://www.facebook.com/PlatzhirschAlm for apres
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lovely stuff. will check all this out!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My tip is don't stay anywhere near the two churches near the Kirchenwirt hotel, the have a ridiculous bell ring off starting at about 5.30 every morning for what seems like an hour.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Disaster, The Hopsi express mini funicular is for anybody to use not just ski schools. Useful if you have an extended wink late lunch at the Marchenwiesenhutte and prefer to download from the top station.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Disaster Loads of people in the Ski Amade who know that part better than I but I'll give you one place to definitely avoid. "Andi's Schrimbar" at the Ritteralm Base Station. Looks tempting if you're on a traverse, but the food is very poor and the service, quite possibly the only place in Austria where it is on French levels. Ski on my friend.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@panaga52, +1, not a fan
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Luckily I like my food at altitude. Being an umbrella/goldfish bowl type bar, looks ok for a quick beer towards the end of the day!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy