Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport Terminal 2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All. Flying from Geneva Airport Terminal 2 on Sunday, with hand luggage only. I'm checked in already.

Do I walk straight from car hire drop off to Terminal 2 and go through security there, or do I need to go to Terminal 1???

Thanks....Matt
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I didn't even know there was a terminal 2 at Geneva airport. Normally when I drop a hire car off with only hand luggage I walk straight through security. There is never a queue at the French side, only a single scanner and a couple bored personel.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Matt1959, I just found this on the Geneva airport web site.

Terminal 2

Genève Aéroport’s Terminal 2 is used only for some flights during the winter season. At all other times it is closed and handles no flights.

Genève Aéroport’s Terminal 2 can be reached via TPG bus (routes 10, 23 and 2Cool – get out at "Tour de contrôle". It can also be reached on foot. If you’re at the CFF train station or the main terminal, go to the Arrivals level and follow the signs for "locations de voitures" (car rental). At the exit, follow the pedestrian walkway 200 m to reach Terminal 2, which is across from P51 parking lot.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's the "Charter Terminal" isn't it? Really close to car hire.

On a half term weekend probably not much fun.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Walk out the “back” of the car hire parking, and it’s right there. Level 3 in the lift IIRC.

From long-distant memories - a) have a pee first, and b) take your own food. My recollection is that facilities of all types are very limited.

Jet2 used to (may still) use it on weekends.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There's also a private Jet Terminal too (T3)
I only ever did 1 transfer from there, and I had to work real hard to squeeze a 20 EUR tip out of those bugs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowdave, Yup, it's right behind the car hire parking. I'm on Jet2 this weekend, whereas I usually use EasyJet.

Pretty certain that I can go straight in to T2 and go through security there, without having to go from car hire parking to T1 and then back to T2.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Matt1959,
Yes, you go through security in T2. Last couple of flights with Flybe were from T2. Easy to get to from the car park 51 and directions as per @snowdave,
There are a couple of cafes.

Once you're through security, you are directed round to a 'holding' room where you wait for the bus which comes every 10 mins or so to take you back to T1 airside.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you type Geneva Terminal 2 into your browser you get "Shed" or "Sh*t Hole" depending on the browser.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As @loatie, says once through security there's a waiting room and a bus back to the main terminal. Went through there at Christmas. No queue for security either so worked out quicker than the huge line in t1.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@panaga52, Ha Ha. You also get 2 x Edinburgh - Geneva returns for less than £200, that for a fortnight including Scottish half term!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
had read this before going to airport this morning, so was looking for an alternative to the 'bus to terminal' exit after dropping off car. couldn't see it so asked a car hire guy who told me I had to go to t1 first! walked away telling the family he was wrong and I knew better! finally found the lift right by the car we'd dropped off! helpful English man in lift pointed us in the right direction. might be a shed (or worse!) but it wasn't that busy compared to the main terminal, so no complaints here.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dropped the hire car off at P51, scooted up the stairs to the street level exit, across the street and car park and zero queue at T2 security. (Hand baggage only, so no bags to check).

Got the shuttle bus to T1 and was in the main terminal within about 15 mins of dropping the car off. No idea what T1 security would have been like, but on a big weekend could easily have been 30 mins.

Which makes me think.......can you go through T2 security with a non-T2 boarding pass????
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy