Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are these sites legit?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello people,
I'm new here so if I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologise and ask the mods to move this thread to he correct one.

I'm looking for a ski helmet and came across these two sites:
ukskihelmet.com
skihelmetshop.com

They have good deals on end of the line helmets (the same stock and prices BTW) but frankly look dodgy as hell.
They show obscure Terms of Service and are vague about returns, if one can return a helmet because of fit (if they didn't actually wear it outside and keep all the labels/packaging etc.

Under contact us there's only a form and no phone number even though in the FAQ they invite people to call them during listed hours. Both companies addresses are listed as tiny (but different) villages...

In any case I wonder if anyone has ordered from hem and what was the experience like? I couldn't find any online reviews which is also a little strange.

Thank you,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BlueJoy, welcome to SnowHeads snowHead

With a list of warning signs as long as that, i wouldn't go near them with a bargepole. Might be genuine, but is it worth the risk?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It has all the classic signs of a scam site, the weird pricing of everything being .85p, being a main one. Selling £380 POC race helmets for £90 is another.

The contract address is apparently in Wales, but why would you put GB, unless it was based in another country.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I find the fact that this your first post a bit odd. The websites are broadly identical. I had considered offering a helpful reply, assuming you are raising a legitimate enquiry. But..on reflection, could it be you who has created the sites and want to see if they pass muster with someone looking for a helmet online and want someone to spot the flaws and tell you what they are..Sorry if I’ve got it wrong..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Domain is registered in China...

Which might be ok wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@BlueJoy, I don’t know what your budget is but I bought, and have been happy with this

https://www.tradeinn.com/snowinn/en/salomon-sight-mips-helmet/137199698/p?queryID=fbab265269a8302136efb6d9921f2182&buscador_search
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
another cookie cutter scam site, do people really need to ask the question? I agree with Perty.

btw neither contact address actually seems to exist.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok thanks for the help,
It looks dodgy but I can see how this could be a clearing place for end of the line helmets etc, and the low cost model can explain the lame site - if not the suspicious elements.

There are some nice helmets there at a very low price, I wonder if I order with a UK credit/debit card and it ends up a scam can I ask to reverse the transaction? If there were protections I'd be tempted to take a punt.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
To be clearer, these are scam sites, you will never receive anything from them.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@BlueJoy, not the most reliable to pin your hopes on and more rights if the purchase is £100+

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback-abZ2d4z3nT8q
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes it is a scam,
I searched the email address they listed on their privacy policy and it came up with this:
https://www.scamwatcher.com/scam/view/577999

They actually have a range of sites (selling bikes, machine tools etc) all in the same identical structure.

Oh well, thank you all for your help
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy