Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter trip - VT or V D'I

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Schools off week of 6th April and looking to have a cheeky week. We normally go to Les Gets but too low for that time of season - thinking going high - VT or V D'I.
I worked in BV D'I for 2 years a long time ago so vaguely know it. One child, 6, would be putting her in lessons - she's not gung ho so wondering what both resorts are like for kids/beginners - she'll do blues and greens no worries. We're cruising so access and ease of are key things. Any other areas to think about or words of wisdom.
We'll be SC in a 2 bed apt as prefer it that way.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@orange,
Pretty sure they'd both work well and a lot of it is preference
I know Val D'Isere better.
Its advantages for skiing is that there are some sheltered tree liners if the weather is bad which is not the case in Val T,
Its disadvantage is that few of the return runs to resort are easy and you may want to download from the easier runs at altitude.
If you don't sleep well at altitude and some don't Val D'Isere is a bit lower.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't know VT at all -- V D'I has lot's of greens and blues accessible from lifts you can download on easily. Only thought would be you'll have a little walking to and from buses and lifts in resort.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tignes might be better than Val D'Isere with a 6yr old. Tignes Le Lac has accommodation right by the slopes. Tignes Val Claret is <5mins from most accommodation to the slopes.

There are plenty of self-catering options. Some have a pool (e.g. Residences Le Nevada at Val Claret), but they are not going to be particularly cheap that week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For me, a lot would depend on the location of the ski lesson meeting place for the 6 year old. I'd want to be staying within a comfortable short walk of it, which could be a problem in Val d'Isere.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Val Thorens is perfect for that age. Lots of accommodation leading onto the nursery slope. Look up residence village Montana apartments for ski out self catering.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have skied VDI, VT and Tignes lots of times at Easter. I have also skied Paradiski a good few times then too. La Plagne and Les Arcc should be good in early April.

Tignes Val Claret would be spot on as @London_Falcon, says. You have s/c ski in and ski out apartments aplenty. You have ski schools and everything you need. If you are driving then take as much food and essentials that you can. The supermarket in Val Claret charges a fortune for Olive Oil and washing up liquid - so if you are driving take plenty of stuff. You also have places that your little one can go sledging and rolling around in the snow with other little ones too.

Another resort worth considering would be La Plagne Centre, lots of s/c apartments and such like. You also have a square with a little sledging area that my son loved. The resort has lots of blues that your daughter will love. You also have Oxygene ski school which has an excellent reputation.

I hope the suggestions help, have a great trip wherever you go.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with @Stinkpickle, if you don't mind paying a bit more for lessons might I suggest New Generation, my son went there last season and loved it.

You'd probably only need VT ski passes if you're working to ski school hours though I found I could do a few runs above Meribel or Les Mens if I got a shift on.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have ski'd and love both VdI and VT. The pistes down to VdI village from the mountain are red and hard (Santons is a hard red by afternoon not blue as marked). For a six year old there are more green/blue confidence building slopes in VT leading to the village.Most accommodation in VT is ski-in ski out which is a big factor with kids so you are not carrying skis. I would also consider Tignes Val Claret. There is a beginners area with the free Bollin chairlift.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all - will have a ponder and see what's available. VT could be the go I think for a change.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@grumpygargoyle sorry to hijack the thread but can I just ask you a question? Just wondering about New Gen in VT because I really wanted to book them but their lesson times are 9-1:30 - with a stop for a hot chocolate NOT lunch. My children are 5&6 and there is just no way they could ski 4.5 hours and finish at 1:30 without lunch.

So are your children older, less greedy than mine, or do they just cope? What does the rest of your day look like - I assume once you're back home and prepared and eaten lunch then your afternoon is quite short? I really wanted to book them because the meeting point was perfect and I thought they seemed like a great company but couldn't get past the 1:30 finish time (which realistically would mean the earliest my children would eat lunch would be 2pm)

thanks!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Val d'Isere up to Bellevarde (the spot with the silver Fiat car and downloading in the afternoon) for perfect green and blue pistes in the area.
There are residences near Hotel Le Levanna in Tignes le Lac, which is close to 2 different directions lifts leading to blue pistes, and close to the swimming pool and a lovely bakery.
In Les Arcs 2000/1950 you are right by the bowl with the blue pistes. 1950 has a perfect bakery as well
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all - got the credit card working last night and booked into Val Thorens and smallest with NewGen.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy