Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix from 18th Feb or change resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello I am planning to drive to Chamonix for a weeks skiing on 18th Feb 22, with my wife and two boys, 6 & 10 (they are beginners).

The weather forecast looks very warm (12) so I am wondering if there will be skiing open which will suit them? Am I better to change plans and head for a different resort? - if so where would be better?

They will be so disappointed if there is insufficient snow on the beginners slopes.

Many thanks Mark.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mrdeli, where are you getting your 12C from (my fave auto-site showing nothing like that)? Who are the kids lessons with (different schools, different areas)?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mrdeli, why Chamonix for beginners? Putting aside the weather conditions, why have you settled on this resort over many others in the region?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In the Cham valley the beginners slopes are at different areas.

Two are in town - I'm not in Chamonix, and perhaps locals will advise, but I would be surprised if they didn't have snow cover in Feb.

- Les Planards is in Cham town webcam here : https://www.planards.fr/en#webcam
- Le Savoy - just outside the town at the foot of the Brevent lift

These two are on the low side.

There are also a few higher up, more snowsure areas suitable for beginners:

La Vormaine (Le Tour) - further on from Argentiere. Snowsure until end March/April most years. https://lavormaine.com/index.php/en/
Les Houches - green runs at the top of the gondola.
There is also a green run at 2000m at the top of the Brevent Gondola. Again will be open until Chamonix closing in April.

So there will be beginners areas available in Feb no matter what the temperatures do over the next week. The ski schools will take them to the open areas if you have lessons booked.

As you will have a car with you, you will be able to access Le Tour or Les Houches easily (traffic notwithstanding), even in the unlikely event snow is poor in Chamonix town beginner areas.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy