Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The "Not The stanton" The Arlberg Snow Report 2018 - 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Just thought I would offer an alternative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That would be useful as I have him on ignore so can't read his 'useful' posts
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your welcome to ...if you got inside info lets hear it..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Who's got inside info?? I know last year Stanton claimed he had info why Steissbachtal was closed, but he could never share it (!)

Go figure
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Stanton - Can't read it !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@peanuthead, you just need to talk to some locals to get the inside info. I did, and they told me it was about a butthead landowner wanting more money, but that the avalanche thing was not pure invention. Big story, end of!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
Your welcome to ...if you got inside info lets hear it..

Of course we have inside info, but if I told you, I would have to kill you. Hmmm, on second thoughts... 😝😝😝
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
peanuthead wrote:
Who's got inside info?? I know last year Stanton claimed he had info why Steissbachtal was closed, but he could never share it (!)

Go figure

The info I had was & is still correct..Sure there is and always Avalanche danger but you are still not being given the 100% the real story or correct info. I cannot share the the actual source. sorry thats just the way it is.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Steilhang, Very Happy

TBH I would not mind them keeping Steissbachtal closed as it was great this season to ski unprepared Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:
@Steilhang, Very Happy

TBH I would not mind them keeping Steissbachtal closed as it was great this season to ski unprepared Very Happy

You should have had the Piste Police take your Season Ticket from you.

Steissbachtal was closed because of the possibility of a Super-Volcano hiding just underneath! NehNeh

THAT'S the lowdown ........................... honest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Little Angel
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimastaaah wrote:
[quote="Police take your Season Ticket from you.:

What Season Ticket.. even what Ticket? Very Happy Very Happy

Ski for Free..only way !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:
[quote="Police take your Season Ticket from you.:

What Season Ticket.. even what Ticket? Very Happy Very Happy

Ski for Free..only way !
Oh dear. I do know a lot of people that live in and around ski resorts, including the Arlberg. There are no free lift passes. Ever. Locals get a reduced rate as 'Einheimische' but that's all. The Arlberger Bergbahnen are not a charity for Dutch Taxi drivers, at least not as far as I am aware.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Perhaps he has been bribed with a free lift pass to stop passing on gossip overheard whilst ferrying the Bürgermeister around?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@munich_irish, the dark secrets of the Steissbachtal. I suppose that would merit a free lift pass.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton, 4r53hole!!!!! Skullie
ski holidays
@skimastaaah, You didn't get to the bottom of the first page and he's started his nonsense already rolling eyes .....I actually think he's saying he ski tours and doesn't use the lifts, in which case he doesn't need a lift pass rather than getting a free one? We know that's nonsense because he never posts any photos (neither do I though, because I don't know how to) but more importantly any real-time local knowledge/ info just stuff obtainable by anyone via the web, and probably never goes near the snow but in his dream-world he's a ski tourer (ski season starts now posts on main thread etc etc)......

Is it your intention to make this the main Arlberg thread for next season, hope so but I guess as original poster, and defacto owner you need to be ready for his regular input....well done btw, the other one has become stale imo, and this one could become a better place for comment/ realtime info imv, and we'll leave the other one for regular weather updates if people cant use the weather forecast apps he presumably uses. Time will tell I guess whether the community supports this, or we drift back to the "weather" and "locals say this but i'm sworn to secrecy" thread.....
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:
@skimastaaahI actually think he's saying he ski tours and doesn't use the lifts, in which case he doesn't need a lift pass rather than getting a free one?

Very Happy
ski holidays
The big question is, will Steissbachtal be open next winter?. I'm sure this will have an impact on whether people book to ski St Anton next season.
latest report
xscreamer wrote:
The big question is, will Steissbachtal be open next winter?. I'm sure this will have an impact on whether people book to ski St Anton next season.

Hopefully NOT Very Happy
ski holidays
@xscreamer, no idea. Depends how the negotiations go I guess. OTOH it doesn't really exclude that much of the resort other than the off piste runs from Galzig down the side of Happy Valley, and the bottom half of Schindler, which always turns into a monster mogul field and isn't huge fun anyway... Not sure whether Mattun was still skiable this season or not. That would be a negative for me.
I guess for beginners the valley run down Zammermoos was a bit much, but actually you could avoid the worst of it if you just skied down skiers left about 2m off piste.
latest report
@xscreamer, dont feed the troll Smile . Given how much publicity this all caused (much of it negative) and perhaps more pertinently how much money it is potentially costing some of the businesses, it seems likely some sort of solution will be found.
snow report
@Steilhang, Mattun was still skiable with Steissbachtal closed. It was a bit of a pain for those of us teaching at times tho, when you have a group of blue run kids over in Galzig, it takes quite a while to coax them over to the Galzigbahn, down the gondola and then up the chair to get back towards Gampen/Nasserein!

January 12th and 13th, St Anton are hosting a Ladies World Cup DH and Super G.
snow conditions
@Sitter, yes I can see that would be a pain. Also I guess the Moos valley run in general would have been less busy with people downloading so less business for the various drinking dens on the way down.
ski holidays
Steilhang wrote:
@Sitter, yes I can see that would be a pain. Also I guess the Moos valley run in general would have been less busy with people downloading so less business for the various drinking dens on the way down.

Wouldn't say it was noticeably less busy, a lot of skiers have this mentality that if there is a piste available to ski down to resort at the end of the day, they're gonna use it. Doesn't matter that it's a black run and they're not capable of it or too tired for it. Kandahar was carnage, it was like swarms of ants all over it, people trying to ski down, others sliding down after falling, yet others sitting on their bum and carrying their skis as they slid down etc.
snow conditions
@Markymark29, Thanks for your nice comments/support!!

Question, do you think it possible to "bar" a snowhead from posting in a specific thread? Could an administrator do that? I only ask because the thread is the "Not the Stanton" Arlberg Snow Report.

Apparently he has not got the message!!!!!!!!!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@skimastaaah, Read T&C's..

Good to see someone (holiday maker) doing an Arlberg thread....

Will be interesting ...
snow report
Steilhang wrote:
@xscreamer, no idea. Depends how the negotiations go I guess.

What negotiations? This illustrates folks here are clueless to the situation.
snow conditions
@stanton, stop f.....ing posting in a thread that really does not want you. I ski the Arlberg about 4/5 weeks per year.

I don't want your pissing in the wind shot about secret ski volcanoes just to big yourself up.

F..... Off to LaLaLooLand ........................without your lift pass!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
@skimastaaah, Read T&C's..

Good to see someone (holiday maker) doing an Arlberg thread....

Will be interesting ...

as an alternative to someone reposting webcam shots and official snow reports from a taxi rank?
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Steilhang wrote:
@xscreamer, no idea. Depends how the negotiations go I guess.

What negotiations? This illustrates folks here are clueless to the situation.
So let us be party to your inside knowledge. OTOH, don't bother and leave us all alone to enjoy our ignorance.
latest report
@Steilhang, the source looks in here quite often, so I cannot say anything.

Meanwhile you should check out what is going on here Very Happy Very Happy

https://www.vwgh.gv.at/
latest report
Can we not just have a normal Arlberg thread (I really hope this becomes the one @skimastaaah) like Steve Angus's on Val and choksaway's on Tignes - you know, one where people on the ground post live info, a place where SHs are not worried to ask for any advice because someone might slag them off because they only manage to go piste skiing once a year or they have the nerve to use a lift to go up the mountain?
ski holidays
franga wrote:
Can we not just have a normal Arlberg thread (I really hope this becomes the one @skimastaaah) like Steve Angus's on Val and choksaway's on Tignes - you know, one where people on the ground post live info, a place where SHs are not worried to ask for any advice because someone might slag them off because they only manage to go piste skiing once a year or they have the nerve to use a lift to go up the mountain?

Now that would be nice. snowHead
ski holidays
@skimastaaah, you could ask a mod to delete the posts after the OP to clean it up
snow conditions
skimastaaah wrote:
@stanton, stop f.....ing posting in a thread that really does not want you. I ski the Arlberg about 4/5 weeks per year.

I don't want your pissing in the wind shot about secret ski volcanoes just to big yourself up.

??
Is this really called for?
snow report
peanuthead wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:

??
Is this really called for?

Nope .................................................................................................. But neither is stanton
snow conditions
Very abusive this @skimastaaah, poster?
latest report
@skimastaaah, did you fimd out whats going on in https://www.vwgh.gv.at/

Very Happy
snow report
stanton wrote:
Very abusive this @skimastaaah, poster?

Maybe you need to report to a moderator?
snow conditions
@skimastaaah, looks like you’ve been hacked.....suggest anti-virus software.....eg just ignore him!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy