Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

novelty (ski goggle cover)?

Poster: A snowHead
I have ruined a few pairs of goggles over the years with being careless and scratching the lenses, so now I have decent goggles I treat my goggles well and look after them. I spotted a few people walking around last holiday with these and I cant make up mind if novelty or a good product.

https://gogglesoc.com/collections/scott-serfas-collection/products/palm-soc

I do carry a microfiber bag the goggles came with but is this a better solution?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 31-01-19 19:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We don't need goggle covers, but now we both have duff eyesight we use visor helmets over our glasses, and visor socks would be really useful, but I have never seen them anywhere.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@WASHOUT, My daughters poc iris comp goggles has a similar thing (stretchy cover) that came with the goggles for the spare lenses, it works, but £13 seems a bit much....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
These will work at a fraction of the price Razz

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disposable-Protection-Resistant-Available-Traveling/dp/B07D5T6S9Z/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1548960615&sr=8-4&keywords=indoor+shoe+cover&tag=amz07b-21
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RobinS wrote:
We don't need goggle covers, but now we both have duff eyesight we use visor helmets over our glasses, and visor socks would be really useful, but I have never seen them anywhere.

they've been around for years, you just need to think a little bit laterally.

Helmets with visors
Origin
Flying helmets
Google "pilots helmet visor cover" or "flying helmet visor cover"
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought them as Christmas stocking fillers for the family from this company

https://www.funkyyeti.co.uk/collections/gogglesoc

I started using mine last week and have found it useful. At lunchtime or coffee stops when goggles/helmets/hats etc get put on chairs, windowsills etc things do fall and get bashed. Apres is even worse!
The gogglesocs do give protection and are useful for cleaning lenses and take up less space in a pocket than a case or bag.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@RobinS, see what they do for motorcycle helmet visors (carry bags, tear-off strips etc).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought similar product from here : http://www.theproggle.com

Have used on my last few trips. I am happy it does the job it's supposed to do.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do any of these double as a lens wipe?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ohhhh who knew? Like to look of those more things to buy rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Themasterpiece, aparently so - made from microfiber
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’ve had and used a Proggle for 3-4 years, after a couple of lenses were scratched by others with no spacial awareness.

I tend to use it at the start/end of the day when ‘travelling’, as that is when skis and poles tend to be waved about the most. With a little practice it can be fitted when the goggles are on your helmet, and it can easily be removed again.

As to whether it is worth it, I guess it depends how much your goggles/lenses cost, and whether you notice it when the are scratched.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bit confused by these - I've got the goggle bag that I got the googles in originally, and that protects them when in transit or in storage. Any other time they are generally in use. I guess there's a point at lunch where I may take my helmet off but feels a bit overkill to have a seperate protector just for this purpose, but I guess as has been stated, it depends on how much your goggles/lenses cost.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I keep thinking about this product, and after I scratched my brand new goggles in Bulgaria, I think I might buy one. Luckily Burton replaced the lens because they're very nice (my other Anon goggles were faulty, that's why) but I wonder if spending £13 might protect the new lens. And they're quite cool.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RobinS wrote:

I was in Decaff-lon tother day and the visor helmets seemed to come with socks on.
snow conditions
Bugg@r. Another thing I didn't know I needed, but now I've seen it, I want it snowHead
latest report
Just bought the bad kitty soc Embarassed
snow conditions
My eagles eyes got delivered yesterday.

I love my Flight Decks, but jeez they are fragile without a frame.

edit - it's Flight Decks I have, doh.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 8-02-19 12:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I went for it. I bought the Aurora Borealis one. If it saves a £65 lens from scratching, it's worth it.

I've never had frameless goggles before, and now I know how easily they scratch!!

(pic from the other thread, before I scratched them!!)

latest report
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Just bought the bad kitty soc Embarassed
Whoa! my gogglesoc has just arrived, only ordered it yesterday, that is speedy as I live on the Isle of Man - let's hope it fits my flight decks snowHead
snow conditions
@WASHOUT, worth it, I have the snowflake one, they seem more common in Canada than in Europe
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy