Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The joy of not having to ski Half Term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So next year will be our first year not having to ski at half term or at Easter. For those that have gone before me how should I proceed for the ski holiday next year. DIY and head for snow sure area. Wait till nearer the time to see what the snow is like andbook a late deal.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
With the savings on not paying half term premium prices, go big, go twice, January AND March!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@alangibson73, do you drive, fly, or consider anything?

We've been every year for many in the gap between HT and Easter. Always good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends what you enjoy most what your budget is and what your time available is.
Quiet slopes, cheap prices , powder , good pistes etc. They all have a slightly different tactic.
I quite like DIY going when I know the snow is good whcih means i dont need to worry about what the historical snow record is.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Watching with interest, 15 year old Chloe is deserting us this year and heading to Sweden skiing with one of her friends family so me and her 19yo sister Emily are thinking of something late March during term time when Emily stands a better chance of getting time off work.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We now go for two weeks, DIY drive in March and have got used to a "holiday in the mountains" rather than all out skiing every day. Nice to take a day out just sight seeing along lake Geneva and give the legs a rest rather than making every hour count on the slopes. Have been known to squeeze in a cheap TO deal late January booked at the last minute at a knock down price as well if the bank balance is looking healthy enough. Enjoy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lots of options & depending how flexible you are!
2 options for example :-
Option 1 - look for last minute deals. Requires a lot of flexibility so you can choose the best price, best snow, etc. Ive seen catered chalet deals with Crystalski for £400 for example! Problem is, you need to fly that week & from which ever airport the offer is at!

Option 2 - pick your week, pick your country & book flights early when they are cheap. Pick resort closer to time based on snow, deals, etc. (Geneva gives you tons of french & swiss options, Innsbruck gives you tons of Austria & Italy options).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mr.Egg wrote:
lots of options & depending how flexible you are!
2 options for example :-
Option 1 - look for last minute deals. Requires a lot of flexibility so you can choose the best price, best snow, etc. Ive seen catered chalet deals with Crystalski for £400 for example! Problem is, you need to fly that week & from which ever airport the offer is at!

Option 2 - pick your week, pick your country & book flights early when they are cheap. Pick resort closer to time based on snow, deals, etc. (Geneva gives you tons of french & swiss options, Innsbruck gives you tons of Austria & Italy options).

As an aside on Option 2, our flights to Turin have gone down since we booked them last summer Mad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gixxerniknik wrote:
With the savings on not paying half term premium prices, go big, go twice, January AND March!

Definitely this!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bar shaker wrote:
gixxerniknik wrote:

Definitely this!

+2 go the week after New Year for a bargain Jan week, then go in March before the easter hols for an equally cheap deal!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+3 to not limit yourself and go twice. January for the snow and March for lovely spring skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy