Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES GETS ski hire recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, Can anyone suggest a good ski hire shop in Les Gets? We are all intermediates with some members of our group who will care about/ notice the quality of equipment more than others! We are looking for good value and somewhere fairly convenient for our location near the Impasse de la Rapee. Any suggestions appreciated. Many thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Berthet Sports is very good but not the cheapest although you can get discount cards from some chalets or if you’re resident,also Nevada sports is really good and they also have a place at mid station at the top of the bubble lift so if you needed alterations you don’t have to go back into town.A bit cheaper than Berthet,an English guy works in there too.Wherever you go ask for group discount they all want your business!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks very much. I'll take a close look at those options. It looks like the lifts are on the opposite side of the village from where we are staying. Do you think we need to factor in ski storage and pick a shop nearer the lifts, or is it a reasonable trudge across town in ski boots?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I always use Berthet, good friendly knowledgeable people who also give me a nice discount! Close to the slopes too in case of any issues.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd also suggest Berthet and make sure that you can leave your stuff there overnight. You'll find it a lot easier than taking your stuff back to your accommodation at the end of the day. It's not that long but will be easier to have your shoes on.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. Any thoughts on Michaud? That's what the chalet are recommending but initially they looked expensive.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Noo72, Never heard anything against them from clients and they're right next to Barbylone. If your chalet gives you a discount with them then take it Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We used Skimium when we were there, but I can't really recommend them. We paid in advance for intermediate skis, and were given really basic skis, mine were too flexible for me, so I wanted to change them but they wouldn't even contemplate discussing it, I would even have paid for an upgrade to advanced skis. I basically felt that they had taken our money and couldn't be arsed with us after that. It might have just been the guy who was there at the time, but it was mid January and not very busy so there is no excuse really. Didn't spoil the holiday though, we still had a great time in Les gets and I'd definitely go back.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are 2 Skimium shops in Les Gets, Planete Glisse and Ski Fun Shop, both owned by the same family. We've had good skis and service from them. Michaud is bookable through Skiset again we have had good skis and service through them. Intersport wanted to charge extra for ski storage.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where are you staying? If near town the the inter sport opposite cavannes lift is most convenient for storage if you down by Perrier’s then there is one down there.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello again, thanks very much for the advice so far. It now seems that our chalet is up a slippery steep road so we are now needing somewhere which definitely allows ski storage.

Also, oes anyone know how many skis you can fit in the Chavannes lockers and if they are heated? We have some members of the group with their own skis and boots so hire shop storage won't work for everyone. Thanks.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi everyone, I've now managed to answer my own question about the lockers fro people not hiring equipment, so am posting it in case it helps others in future! There are four person, heated lockers available at the Chavanne lifts. This detail is on the French section of the website but is missing from the english part, which just says 'ski lockers'. Skinimum looks great but for peak dates are a lot more expensive than others. I saw some other negative reviews about Intersport storage. Thanks for all the advice- I've looked into all suggestions.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just one more suggestion to make.. We've used the Sport 2000 shop Contat Sports for many years and have always been happy with them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy