Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Welt to Munich Airport Monday evening March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We will be travelling back from Hopfgarten on Monday 18th March to Munich Airport and I have heard that there can be horrendous queues at weekends. Has anyone got experience on Monday evenings? We need to be at MUC no later than 19.30.

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Leave at 17-30 and you will be fine
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Sfellows, I would allow 2.5 hours and use satnav as it often takes you off the motorway to run parallel for a couple of junctions and is worth doing the detour.

If you are dropping off car hire add in another 30 minutes to fill up (service station at the airport) and get in the queue to have the car checked in. it will be heaving but if you are up against it you can just leave the keys on the seat but take photos of the car before you leave it
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We returned from Westendorf yesterday - leaving at about 2.30pm and it took us around 2.15 - and that was following googlemaps advice to divert off the motorway. As you will be travelling closer to 5pm I suspect traffic might be worse. There are large stretches of roadworks on the A99 and google was suggesting at least 45 minutes delay if we stayed on the motorway.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The roadworks on the A99 can be painful weekday mornings and evenings, other than that there should be no issues, though obviously sometimes there are accidents or other unexpected delays. I would say 17:30 would be fine even with the potential delay on the A99, though given the skiing closes around 16:00 not sure why you would hang around for much longer and no need to get stressed. Not sure it is really worth going cross country, it is pretty slow route (one option goes past my office) from Rosenheim to Erding maybe peak holiday weekends not weekdays. If you havent dropped a car at Munich before there is a petrol station at the airport, it is signed off the main approach road after you leave the motorway, you have to come off the road, go across a bridge and drive in the opposite way for maybe 500m to get to it. To get back to the airport follow the same route, if you just head for the nearby dual carriageway you will end up driving away from the airport. One pain at the hire car drop off is the lack of free trolleys, you have to pay (€ 1 / € 2 ?) for them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Sfellows, you weren't staying in Haus Lukas were you?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy