Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kid drops from lift in to catch fencing

Poster: A snowHead
Dunno if this has been posted yet:
http://youtube.com/v/NpCLea9Qxwg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good thinking by the kids, certainly deserve more than a season's pass; I was wondering when I watched it yesterday what the other adult on the lift was doing apart from being a lemon. Going to show it to my kids at the weekend as a warning.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Saw this last night on youtube - absolutely quick thinking from the kids!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quick thinking and amazing solution by them. Young minds eh.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nah. Come on this is 2019, the ytube / selfie age, they were all mates from school and had it planned Laughing Laughing

Seriously, some good quick thinking from those lads.

Also, some time ago, after another chairlift accident, there were some quite vociferous people on here saying all chairs can be reversed quickly and easily, whether fixed or detachable. Err. no they cannot, especially after the Georgia (?) thing.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skitow, I was wondering why they couldn't reverse chairlift, given how close to bottom station it was Embarassed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I ve noticed in Italy that they tend to keep long ladders available in areas where the chairlift pylons are shorter, presumably to speed rescue in the event of a motor failure.

That's probably also a good reason for keeping lift pylons as short as possible although I can see that one downside of that would be a need for closer pylon spacing. That might be an advantage however in Scotland or parts of the Alps where high wind speeds are a constraint to lift operations.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They need to get lawyered up.

Trauma, unsafe, etc.

Gotta be worth a mill from the lift co.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Actually, when you do a search, a few similar incidents come up, all in the states rolling eyes

Another one here :- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5462973/Child-falls-25-foot-high-ski-lift-caught-heroic-staff.html
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any correlation with the tendency of Yanks not to put the restraining bar down?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's really good lateral thinking of those boys, they deserve some reward for that.

@RobH2017, looks like they were staying put to avoid the chair tipping toward one side and causing more compromise. Seems reasonable as you'd not really know what effect it had.

Whether they are safe to run them in reverse when loaded the operators should know of limitations.

There's a big long chair connecting Val Cenis to Termingnon ski area that when you return from Termingnon with insufficient snow they download you on that chair. It's limited occupancy going down to, I assume, avoid a runaway situation. End of day may have higher load going down than up so something has to be balanced to operate safely.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@LOTA, The canadian one had a bar but no footrests but the american one had nothing Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It almost happened to my 8 yr old son but luckily I let go of him when the chair was still very low and he was totally fine..
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well done lads, cool heads are always needed (please run for office when you are old enough!). If that had been Matt Kuchar's kid dangling from the chair, the rescuers would have received a cookie!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How did he get his skis off whilst dangling like that? How do you pop the bindings when there's nothing to push against?
ski holidays
@maggi, It is quite easy, especially if they were on a low setting for a child, to just bang the release with the bottom of the other ski. I have seen a kid do it accidentally through mucking about on a chairlift. Not so funny when it was over a piste Shocked
latest report
@maggi, just kick the heel piece, it’s probably easier than when it’s on the ground because you’re bringing one leg up as well, plus the binding doesn’t have any weight on it.
snow conditions
Interesting observation that the lifties might not have been able to hear the adult shouting for help because their music was on too loud. As much as I enjoy a good tune waiting to get on a lift, I do wonder if this is a fair point.
snow report
@IanTr, absolutely. There are also lifts where it might help if the lifties changed what they were smoking.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy