Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overwhelmed by Ski Holiday Offers, Please Help

Poster: A snowHead
So I've been looking at holidays and I can't really choose and my OCD is not helping me either.
Can you help me with something specific please.
A couple in their 30s
Prefer large ski area with top lifts above 3000m if possible
Ski to/from accommodation is a must as I don't like waiting for a bus or walking 10 minutes in ski gear.
Preferably Half Board
Going 9/10th February for a week.
Flying from London.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Budget?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
been anywhere before you enjoyed?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been to Les Coches in Paradiski. Walking was minimal, liked it.
Been to Chamonix with UCPA = too much walking and busses.
Been to Courchavel 1850, Hotel Anemones = I liked it

Budget = £1000 per person for flights, transfers, accommodation, half board and ski passes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's French school holidays. Maybe Austria? Plenty of snow. Why do you need to be at 3000m in February? That criterion hugely restricts your options.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.igluski.com/ski-resorts/france/tignes-val-claret/chalet-valerie_19814?holidayId=1455721213&offerid=1433649428
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski Lodge in Val D'Isere with Skiworld £599 - Job done.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zermattandchips wrote:
Ski Lodge in Val D'Isere with Skiworld £599 - Job done.

It says: The main lift station is an easy 500 metres (approx.) walk, or even easier - is to hop on the free ski bus which stops just 200 metres away.

Not really Ski In/Out?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
It's French school holidays. Maybe Austria? Plenty of snow. Why do you need to be at 3000m in February? That criterion hugely restricts your options.

3000m is not a must. I actually want to try Austria too, but never been there and even the resort names mean nothing to me.
Anything you can suggest that matches my requirements?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@CYPER, You're right, it's a 5 minute walk.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@CYPER,
You might struggle with ski in ski out in Austria, there are a few places like Obertauern and Zauchensee with a lot of accommodation like that but most places only have a fairly small amount as most ski in ski out resorts are purpose built.

I have to say the busses in Val D'Isere are so frequent they don't involve much waiting at the bus stop.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@CYPER, stick with what you know and go back to the 3V or Paradiski.

La Tania and Les Coches are our preferred boltholes respectively.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@CYPER, I have stayed at the ski lodge and it was a short walk to the bus stop then a shorter ride to the slopes. On the way back you could ski between buildings and across a car park to end up almost opposite the door. So a bit of a faff, but I was very impressed with the property and package so would return. Mind, my memory might be addled by spending most nights at Moris bar happy hour!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I had a look at all of them, but in the end decided to book Chalet Java in La Plagne: https://www.alpineelements.co.uk/ski-holidays/france/la-plagne/chalet-java?id=69945ba8-42b5-39a9-8294-86a06ac46316

I paid £600, which I think is a great price, considering it is Premium Plus chalet.

Anyone been there? It seems there are 4 separate chalets (Java, Vega, Capella, Mira) in the same building, each on its own floor.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Price since yesterday for the exact same Chalet is £457.50 per person, so a total difference of £284.06 of what I paid a few days ago.
This doesn't feel good Sad
latest report
CYPER wrote:
Price since yesterday for the exact same Chalet is £457.50 per person, so a total difference of £284.06 of what I paid a few days ago.

This is life... you could have equally found if you had waited it had sold out.

I never feel bad having booked something to see it cheaper later, as I know I have secured something to a spec I am happy with at a price I am happy with.

Hope you have a wonderful time, and fantastic snow.
snow conditions
CYPER wrote:

7-10 days before is the sweet spot for getting deals in the less busy or quiet weeks so you've just jumped the gun a bit. A lesson learned.

You need to put it out of your mind now and go and enjoy your holiday.

It looks a lovely place and the ski area is certainly a great ski area.
ski holidays
Hey. Currently staying in Chalet Vega having a fabulous time. You have chosen really well. It is a very easy walk to the pistes. Chalet is newly renovated and extremely comfortable. I can assume yours is the same. Food has been great and the extra touches are appreciated. You will feel it is very good value for money for what you have paid, despite it being a bit cheaper now. So stop worrying and start memorising the piste map Smile
latest report
CYPER wrote:

Ring them up, ask for the same price. Have you paid deposit or the whole lot? If only deposit threaten to cancel and book something else closer to the time, play on their sense of moral duty 24hrs later, not that they really have any moral duty, you were happy with the price and it sounds like a good deal to me.
latest report
Remember price could have gone down because you booked the last decent room and what they have left sleeps 3 if they are cojoined triplets who don't mind washing in a bidet all week.
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Remember price could have gone down because you booked the last decent room and what they have left sleeps 3 if they are cojoined triplets who don't mind washing in a bidet all week.

Yeah, I was thinking this.
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

Not really the case. It's a Premium Plus chalet and all the rooms are really nice en-suite, the only difference being some rooms are a little smaller.
But at the end of the day everyone would have access to the same level of amenities and comfort. No difference there.

It's my first booking with Alpine Elements and I would be lying if I say I don't feel a little sour from the massive price drop just days after I booked.

I spoke with them, but said they can't do anything. All they offered me were to reduce their price on the ski pass to £260 which is exactly what you pay if you book them directly with the resort.
ski holidays
CYPER wrote:
It's my first booking with Alpine Elements and I would be lying if I say I don't feel a little sour from the massive price drop just days after I booked.

If you think this sort of practice is unique to AE then think again.

You could look at it another way... there will almost certainly be guests who paid more than you!
ski holidays
Never been in any chalet group where everyone paid the same
Don’t let it worry you, I just jealous you’re getting to go Smile have a fab time
ski holidays
It is to be expected really. Everyone in my chalet booked the week before we flew out. When we looked the sat night the whole chalet was empty. By the Sunday morning all but two rooms had gone. We booked quickly then and shortly afterwards it was full. That’s the gamble. By waiting for the lowest price we almost missed out. Either way it is excellent value at the price you paid. Very comfortable chalet. We were prepared to pay a lot more and get a lot less!
snow conditions
CYPER wrote:

I paid £600, which I think is a great price, considering it is Premium Plus chalet.

You have indeed had a bargain. As others have said, you could have ended up missing out.
latest report
Guys, we are flying with BA and according to their website I can take a ski bag as part of my hold baggage allowance, so 1 hold bag for my girlfriend and 1 ski bag for me.

But in the same time as I am taking my ski boots for sure I might just rent the skis there. What would be a good shop to rent some intermediate skis from?
Or do you think it's better to just get mine, service them there and use them? They are quite old now, bought them from skiwear4less back in 2009: Rossignol X Fight 3 170cm: https://www.skionline.pl/sprzet/narty,08-09,rossignol,x-fight-3,3080.html
ski holidays
CYPER wrote:
But in the same time as I am taking my ski boots for sure I might just rent the skis there. What would be a good shop to rent some intermediate skis from?
Or do you think it's better to just get mine, service them there and use them? They are quite old now, bought them from skiwear4less back in 2009: Rossignol X Fight 3 170cm: https://www.skionline.pl/sprzet/narty,08-09,rossignol,x-fight-3,3080.html

How many weeks skiing have they had?

Do you like them?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Layne wrote:
CYPER wrote:

How many weeks skiing have they had?

Do you like them?

Like 4 or 5 weeks, 1 week each season.
To be honest I don't feel much of a difference between skis.
I went to the SnowHeads ski test last year and all the skis that I tried felt OK.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy