Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

McNett Tenacious repair tape - any good?

Poster: A snowHead
I found a couple of small cuts in my salopettes the other day. They are near the bottom, (with the boots underneath). The rips won't effect the weatherproofing of the trousers as my boots are underneath the cuts, so they are not going to result in the weather/snow getting in; however I don't want them to rip further.

I've read loads of threads on this topic on the forum and lots of people recommend Duct tape. I'd prefer to use clear tape if possible (yeh I know, use Duct tape and view them as battle scars). Has anyone ever used McNett Tenacious repair tape? Looking at Youtube, it seems pretty good. Very sticky, tough, waterproof and clear.

Cheers
Awd
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Awdbugga, yeah. go for it
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Works well exactly for your use (however not a solution to stopping further cuts from ski edges).
it doesn't hold up to well on gloves or very flexible areas tends to last me a day or so, better to use duck tape
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
McNett Aquasure is what you need.

And when you have opened it store it in the freezer.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did some extensive patching up of cuts around the ankles of my salopettes with the so-called Tenacious Tape earlier this year and it was completely rubbish. Started peeling off within a day or two of use, and after a week most of what was left of it was in an advanced state of disintegration. I'd followed the instructions exactly, and even reinforced it as recommended using Seal Grip (which was supposed to provide an 'ultra-strong repair'...).

What a waste of money!

It seems to be a problem of poor compatibility with the fabric my padded salopettes are made from, as I've used the Tenacious Tape previously to patch rips in Goretex overtrousers, and it's proved pretty durable for that.

I have since repeated the repair with spinnaker tape, which is significantly cheaper and has proved much more durable, although becomes very slightly unstuck around the edges of the patch after a week or two's use. However, not too much of a problem to just re-patch as and when needed with the spinnaker tape as it's only £6 for a 4.5 m roll of the stuff.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Worked fine for me to reinforce quite a few areas of worn through material on a gore-tex jacket from edges and lifts. Have also successfully used it to reinforce material that was going on a pack, and then stitch through it to repair seams.

Less successful on the fingers of leather gloves, found duck tape worked better on those.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all. I’ve ordered some McNett Tenacious tape. I’ll also order some Aquasure as a plan B. Having looked at the Youtube videos of Aquasure, it should also do for repairing the leak in my fishing waders. Bonus.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Silver grey duct tape is naff BUT Duct/Duck tape comes in a variety of colors including black.

My Black patch is still holding after 2 years
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Awdbugga wrote:
should also do for repairing the leak in my fishing waders. Bonus.

Can confirm that works too Very Happy Mine went in the crotch and it looked like I had p1ssed myself every time I went fishing.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My salopette tenacious tape repair is holding up well as is the kitchen sink repair I did with it. I'm quite impressed though it's not an invisible repair by any means.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tenacious tape is ok, as is black duct tape, but I'm not confident of their longevity as a fix as both have eventually come away on my gear. To be fair this may be because I carried out repairs whilst climbing, so possibly didn't clean or dry the area sufficiently?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have you seen this product? www.fixmytear.com. It's a repair tape which sticks very well to vinyl, canvas, rubber, leather and most other surfaces. Apply it to both sides if you can for extra strength. Absolutely life saving tape. Very Happy Smile wink
https://www.amazon.com/Fixmytear-Magic-Repair-Tape-33ft/dp/B01MA5HSNC?tag=amz07b-21
https://www.amazon.com/fixmytear-Magic-Repair-Tape-Kit/dp/B016M1S1GU?tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sailing spinnaker tape stands up well to abuse, it comes in many colours too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Snicker, 2 posts. both of which are promoting the same product. I suspect there's a bit of canned meat going on.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another vote for spinnaker repair tape. Note that it needs to be fresh as the glue goes off after a year and the salopettes need to be bone dry.

It is a good idea to round off the corners too. Makes for a neater looking job and less likely to peel off.
latest report
Tenacious has proved teenager proof on my daughters down jacket which she managed to melt a hole in the arm of on the Rayburn the day we bought it.
ski holidays
I had a bad cut on my ski pants which I repaired with a simple iron-on patch about 9 years ago and it is still in place.
latest report
I used duct tape on the inside, been there for about 4 or 5 ski weeks now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy