Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre snow conditions and skating

Poster: A snowHead
Just getting a bit depressed about what appears to be poor snow conditions there so I’m just seeking a bit of local reassurance if possible please.

We aren’t going until February half term so I’m not looking for Crystal ball stuff just a bit of feedback.

Also, does anyone know if the skating rink is open and does it usually manage to keep going regardless of weather (is there mechanical “assistance”)? Finally, where is the rink in relation to the town (we are staying near the Napoleon).

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are just back from Claviere. Spent 4 days in Montgenevre. Only a few runs closed. Bluebird skies. Some hard/icy patches. Up high slopes still good. Best runs up Rocher D'Aigle lift. Worst bit was across the road (Serre Thibaud lift). Given the lack of recent snowfall it was really good. Obviously zero off piste. Just moderate speed accordingly. No idea about the Ice rink sorry. Still weeks away so wouldn't worry about current conditions.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drove through Montgenevre yesterday and it looked as best as can be which is far better than the likes of Sauze D'Oulx.

As has been said don't panic yet and they will have the rink open for half term.

We actually had a late afternoon lunch in Clavierre yesterday after various Frenchies decided to close the kitchen at 14:00 rolling eyes

It's a place we've been to a lot over the years though did change hands a few years back, and all three of us said pizzas yesterday were best ever, maybe late afternoon pizza oven was really hot Toofy Grin

It's Mi Chi opposite the main parking area on the main road by the tourist office.

But to really put it into perspective - two soft drinks, three superb pizzas, and three capacinos, only €35, if that had been France at least €50 +
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was there last week and have posted on a couple of other threads about conditions. @risb98 has it about right. Good on piste (bit worn/ patchy in places) but basically fine - it was sub zero all week so very, very little melt/ freeze cycle. You need a dump soon, but i think there is some forecast for this we. It’s much better in Monty than down in Clavière. And it sounds a lot better than many of the main French resorts e.g. Cham.

Ice rink was working last week - from Napoleon, cross the road to the front de neige and it is about 100m to your left, towards Clavière. To the left of all lifts, as you look uphill. Very easy to spot.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That’s great thanks all. Fingers crossed for it getting snow bound for Austria then.

Thanks too for info on skating and for the dining advice - our favourite meal is pizza so can’t wait!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Heading out this Friday, so will report back each day. Good recommendation for food, Weathercam, thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fab, I’ll look out for that then. Have a great time.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Going on the 19th Smile hope some more snow falls by then, cstreat any feedback on slope condition next week would be good Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're going out on 19th too but staying in Cesana.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm staying in Bardoneccia, by the Frejus tunnel for a few days, from the 19th. It's showing a cm of snow today, and Sunday/ Monday.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Montgenèvre is a nice place. I skied there 2 days last week. the pistes are fine and there is off piste available but we stayed on piste.
Some lovely runs through the trees. Big wide open pistes above the tree line.
I would recommend Claviere golf club for a lovely lunch stop.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's currently snowing in Montgenevre- we are due around 20cm in the next few hours.

Pistes are generally good, but some need a top-up- they will get that this week!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheer MrSteve that’s good to hear
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bambionskiis, All looking good for you. Is it next week you go?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lol no, it’s at half term so ages away thecramps . It’s ridiculous how excited I am this year though . Very Happy
snow report
@bambionskiis, Why ridiculous? I start getting excited in about August Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Yay - not feeling quite so daft now then!!
ski holidays
Well 2 inches last night, which is more than we've had in the last 5 weeks.... and Windy.com is forecasting 50cm this week. Very Happy
snow report
Such good news Very Happy
ski holidays
@bambionskiis, Have you ever been so excited about 2 inches? wink Laughing
snow conditions
thecramps wrote:
@bambionskiis, Have you ever been so excited about 2 inches? wink Laughing

If 2 inches is going to make the difference between having a good time and not, then yep that’ll do me fine!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
@bambionskiis, snowHead
ski holidays
I saw someone skating on on the ice rink yesterday afternoon, so it is in use at the moment.

Also, we had 2/3cm overnight and it is snowing lightly at the moment- no wind so it is falling nicely.

Time to change the lenses in the goggles for today's runs then...
ski holidays
Lucky you MrSteve hope you enjoyed yourself. I read that you are due 39cm one night this week - that’ll keep you busy!! Went skating with daughter at the weekend as she wanted to get some practice in before coming there so I’ll tell her the rink is open. Cheers.
ski holidays
It's been snowing solidly since 4pm yesterday afternoon. About 10cm had fallen when we went for dinner last night and it continued all night and still hasn't stopped today.

Will have to see what lift and slope openings are like in a bit- could be an interesting day as there is much snow and zero visibility!

Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy