Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Venturi 95mm - changing the binding point

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title says, I use the Head Venturi 95mm for most conditions. In chopped up conditions, and light powder they are great. Where they get a bit more "squirrely" is on hardpack.

I realise that this ski is more of a all-mountain ski, and is designed that way, but I sometimes feel that there is a lot of tail in it - especially on groomers.

I mounted them on the reccomended point, but I am wondering is if I move the bindings 2 cms back, will that have a great impact on how they ride? Is it worth doing?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep. -15mm will do it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have exactly this ski - and SpyderJon remounted mine - took an OK ski to something on a different level.

No surprise that the man knows exactly what to do Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tidy.

did you also notice that there is a lot of tail before you made the adjustment. How did it ski afterwards? completely different?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes - can't remember exact details / adjustment made but sounds very, very similar - basically took them to Jon's & described exactly the same issue + feelings you have = remounted and now feel really well sorted in all conditions.

Mine came from one of the outlet shops (mounted by them) so almost certainly lacking Jon's expertise - definitely the best all around ski I've bought for <£250 Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought a pair of these 2nd had but as new condition last year, I wasn't sure of them to start with but discovered that some turkey had mounted the bindings 50mm forward of the recommended point so I used the rear toe screw holes to mount the front of the toe & drilled new holes for the rear two then re mounted the rear binding to suit the boot length.
This put the boot centre just 5mm back from recommended and I love these skis! Never thought a 95mm "all mountain" ski could be carved so hard and be stable at high speed carving.
Offpiste, I still have to lean back slightly to stop the tips sinking so I'm looking out for a similar ski with a bigger front rocker or wider waist, quite fancy trying the Nordica Enforcer 110
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon wrote:
Yep. -15mm will do it.

Thanks. I suspected that this could make a difference.

Out of interest, why does moving them back this relatively small amount make such a difference on these skis?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lilledonmarco wrote:
spyderjon wrote:
Yep. -15mm will do it.

Thanks. I suspected that this could make a difference.

Out of interest, why does moving them back this relatively small amount make such a difference on these skis?

When you move the bindings back 15mm, the tips get 15mm bigger and the tails get 15mm smaller so you then have 30mm move tip than tail compared to before which is a significant amount on any ski.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy