Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Henry's Avalanche Talk dates are up

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
See here:

https://henrysavalanchetalk.com/uk-events/events-in-the-uk/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nothing in the midlands. normally one at Tamworth
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are they worth going to?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went last year. It was OK but I wouldn't do it twice. Although all the information is there, the presentation needs tidying up. For someone who's been doing the same talk regularly, I expected it to be a lot slicker.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Most over rated/hyped event I've ever been to.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@adithorp, I went to the Manc one about 4 or 5 years ago – sounds like it hasn't changed much. The potential is there and the info is sound, but the delivery is pretty poor. A couple of students with a bit of mountain knowledge did a better job last season here.

@Mosha Marc, I think you'd be better off booking yourself on an avi training day wherever you end up next season. It's unlikely to be any worse, and you might remember more due to having practical opportunities to test the theory and ask questions. Less chance of falling asleep half way through if you're on the side of a mountain, too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
adithorp wrote:
I went last year. It was OK but I wouldn't do it twice. Although all the information is there, the presentation needs tidying up. For someone who's been doing the same talk regularly, I expected it to be a lot slicker.

Yes it's very strange. I went to one of his transceiver training sessions, followed by a talk, probably 10 years ago and it was all very good, well presented and he had a guy with him do part of the talk. I also found Henry, and his opo, very interesting to talk to.

A few years later, about 3 years ago I think, I took my 2 younger children with me to his talk as there was one near us and again, speaking one to one with Henry he came over very well, but the talk I am afraid I agree with the comment above, presentation was poor. There were similar comments on here at the time so it's a bit sad really as he does seem a genuine, knowledgeable guy and the idea of the talks is good.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarlet, I think you told me that when I asked prior to going.

All the information is there but he wanders of at tangents sometimes and gets out of sequence with his slides. Also his system varies from others and sticking to a more generic one might be better.

I do like his idea of a card with bullet points on to refer to before going out as a reminder though...

https://henrysavalanchetalk.com/download-our-off-piste-checklist/?mc_cid=416add7779&mc_eid=541de386e5
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy