Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

turin airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am looking at doing my first DIY ski holiday to somewhere in Italy maybe sestriere or bardonecchia and was wandering if any could tell me how far away the porta nuova train station is from turin airport?
Also any advice on DIY holidays i.e where to find apartments etc would be much appreciated
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is porta nuova the main turin station? (I really ought to know this, cos I used to commute to Turin)
If so, there's a bus which goes to the main station, which must take best part of an hour (or a taxi, for a fee).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yup, as Andy says, take a bus from the airport (do not take the train form the airport which, as someone said, goes nowhere useful!) direct to the station. If I recall correctly the train takes about an hour to Oulx (for Sauze) so Bardonecchia is 10 mins further on. My guess is that you'd have to take a bus from Oulx to Sestriere but hopefully someone with a better knowledge than me can tell you.

IglusSki may have accommodation only - but there are some very good deals about now as well. Campo Smith Best Western apts looked good value but have never stayed there...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bus to train station - 5 euros'ish
Train to Oulx - 5 euro's ish

On the way back you have to get your bus ticket from a Cafe by the bus stop on Corso Vittoria Emmanele II, basically left out of the ticket office and cross the road.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your replies. so a bus from airport to station is about an hour journey then? do DIY holidays actually save u much money in the end as they seem like a lot more hassle than the usual through a TO.iv been looking at the campo smith apmts and they do seem good, any one have any ideas of good quality self catering apartments in the milky way (sestriere, sauze)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy