Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anywhere in France up to scratch for Off Piste week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at booking a UCPA off piste week - will either be last two weeks of Feb or first of March. I know the last two weeks of Feb are busy in France but if the snow looks good, ie powder, I will book. Granted I might have limited options due to the short notice. However, putting all that aside - is there anywhere in France at the moment where off piste conditions are good enough to warrant a Off Piste week? Obviously I will keep an eye on reports but currently nothing really jumping out although looks like conditions might improving snow wise soon?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty much everywhere? French Alps are epic right now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Austria has by far the best offpiste right now, today.

Go to Lech.

If it has to be France, the French (and Spanish) Pyrenees got a big puke last week, and are due another this week.

Try Cauterets.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Of course I post this when a lot of places in France got a good 20-40cm last night! Didn't see the reports from today before I posted! Still though, it seems its been a leaner than avg year for France to date?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BMG wrote:
Of course I post this when a lot of places in France got a good 20-40cm last night! Didn't see the reports from today before I posted! Still though, it seems its been a leaner than avg year for France to date?

there has been fresh snow, on and off, for the past 2 weeks across all ranges. In certain areas; Chablais, Beaufortain snow depths are now average from 1000m, good above 2000m. Huge snow in the Pyrenees. Elsewhere maybe a bit below average at lower altitudes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd forget Southern Alpes at the moment when Northern Alpes are so much better.

Not too sure what UCPA in Serre will be doing. ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

it seems its been a leaner than avg year for France

No...

And isn't an "off piste" course about "off piste"? If you want "powder" you should surely go somewhere with reliable "powder"?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plenty of time for that base to keep building and snow forecast for just about everywhere this week. Wait and see.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy