Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski shops in 3 Valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all,

Currently in La Tania. My goggles have given up the ghost and looking to replace with a pair of Oakley Prizms.

Can anyone recommend a decent shop to swing by in La Tania, Courch or Meribel?

*(I know that obviously there will be ski shops but looking for recommendations to avoid silly prices and to save time by visiting different places. Would rather be skiing!)

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure you can avoid silly prices if you want to buy Oakleys in Courchevel or Meribel... Toofy Grin

but the easiest quality stores to get to are Jean Blanc in C1850 (other side of the road from the Croisette) or Sport Boutique in Meribel (bottom of the escalator on the lowest ski path to the Chaudanne from the Courchevel side).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Raceplate wrote:
Not sure you can avoid silly prices if you want to buy Oakleys in Courchevel or Meribel... Toofy Grin

but the easiest quality stores to get to are Jean Blanc in C1850 (other side of the road from the Croisette) or Sport Boutique in Meribel (bottom of the escalator on the lowest ski path to the Chaudanne from the Courchevel side).

I gathered as much but with the predicted weather this week I think it’s a worthwhile investment. And I’m holiday...you’re meant to treat yourself aren’t you? Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Head to The Boot Lab in 1650 (go down the escalator below the Arondiaz gondola, cross the road and head left and they are next to the bakery) or in Meribel Center (ski down towards the Chaudanne then head right just below the Rond Point to ski down to the escalator. Go down that and walk up the hill on the right hand side, shop is next to planks) They stock Smiths and the X/Os are an awesome goggle. Not sure about Oakleys but speak to the guys in the shop and they'll give you the lowdown.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oakley Shop in Meribel above the Tremplin oposite the roundaboat at the Chaudanne. I had to buy a pair of Prisms last year as my old goggles filled up with water! Prisms have transformed my skiing in flat light and well worth the price. I bought High Pinks last year, but swapped to a Rose Pink lens last week in 3V's which were great and had a good range, and were fine on sunny days as well as in flat light. I would have swapped to High Pink if the forecast was flat light and snowy all day.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy