Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski App recommendations please

Poster: A snowHead
Nothing complicated just something to record speed and distance and anything else interesting.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use Ski Tracks
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Same here Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ditto Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 - love, great little app
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Strava or Ski Tracks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I quite like Slopes, great if you want to share your stats to make your friends jealous Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have just used Sportler for a week, seemed to be pretty accurate and free.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brilliant. Not had a chance to look at these apps in depth but will do soon. Believe me articash I won’t be showing off my stats to friends, this is just for personal consumption!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bambionskiis, if using an iPhone the ski tracks has a free version but from memory you have to pay for android version.

The only annoying thing is you can’t (or I couldn’t find a way to) upgrade the free one to a paid for version. So having decided I liked it and was happy to pay for it, to keep the tracks that I did in the free version I have to keep both apps installed.

I also use it while walking and cycling in the New Forest with my children. My daughter loves to see how many ski lifts we can do while out walking Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for sportler. Ran it alongside my friend's Strava and it seems to be pretty accurate, not much variation between the two at all.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NickyJ wrote:
@bambionskiis, if using an iPhone the ski tracks has a free version but from memory you have to pay for android version.

The only annoying thing is you can’t (or I couldn’t find a way to) upgrade the free one to a paid for version. So having decided I liked it and was happy to pay for it, to keep the tracks that I did in the free version I have to keep both apps installed.

I also use it while walking and cycling in the New Forest with my children. My daughter loves to see how many ski lifts we can do while out walking Happy

Worth bearing in mind then Nicky because we have iphone but our son has android. I'll have a look at costs etc. cheers
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lots of resorts have their own free apps now. Paradiski's one definitely has a tracking option. However, I have used sports tracker for years for cycling, walking, running etc
One thing worth considering is that anything that uses your phone's GPS for long periods of time has the potential to eat its battery.
https://www.sports-tracker.com
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks cardweg. Good point about battery and it will factor in decision-making. We are off to Montgenèvre which doesn’t seem to do anything like that unfortunately.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Maprika has a very good 'find my friends' type feature where you can see people moving around a piste map in real time.
latest report
I use Maprika - I like the way it puts your tracks onto the piste map (previously downloaded) - much easier to see what you have done than superimposing on google maps.
snow conditions
What kind of mileage can you notch up in a days skiing? I'm always interested because you might visit a place with x km of slopes but feel you could really ski it all in a day?
snow conditions
I try and beat my top millage every week I’m away. I have done 84km but that was pretty much first lift to last lift and wasn’t overly busy with decent lifts.
snow conditions
8611 wrote:
What kind of mileage can you notch up in a days skiing? I'm always interested because you might visit a place with x km of slopes but feel you could really ski it all in a day?

To be honest I don’t know - probably not many miles! I’m hoping to use the app to challenge myself to ski more though
snow conditions
If your resort runs it then Skiline is really good, you just log in your ski pass to the app / website and it records your distance and verticals from tracking your ski pass.

No battery drain on your phone, and no top speed status so it stops your kids racing each other. Some places have videos and timed slopes etc to add to the fun.

It’s skiline.cc for the website.
snow conditions
Is there any apps that work well with the apple watch?? All well and good having your iPhone in your ski jacket/backpack but if you want to have a quick glance at your current speed on the slope or just after a run, the watch would be perfect!
snow conditions
Quote:

Is there any apps that work well with the apple watch?? All well and good having your iPhone in your ski jacket/backpack but if you want to have a quick glance at your current speed on the slope or just after a run, the watch would be perfect!

Slopes works well on the IWatch. You just set it going at the start of the day and off you go. Easy to glance at it when you want if you are able to take your eyes off the snow lol

Just back from Soll last week and recorded 87 miles over the 6 days, all on the watch. The app runs happily without running the batteries down too much.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy