Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ben Ledi 2018/2019 snow conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

First significant cold spell and snowfall on Ben Ledi 2018/2019 season. About 10cm at bottem, and 25cm at top with drifts up to 1.5m. Powdery soft conditions, with little base. Some limited skiing possible at the very top, but at the moment I will refrain as more snow and cold conditions are expected.

Wind was low today, and the sun was out most of the time. It was a whiteout at the top, so no pictures from the top today.

The path is not too icy, but near the top you might find yourself waist deep in snow in places.

The view of Loch Lubnaig climbing down from the peak. Nice conditions, should improve with the forecast of more snow.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

It was a cold start to the climb up Ben Ledi today. Snow has melted since last post, and more snow has arrived. There is still a lack of a crusty icy base to ski on, and the snow is soft and powdery. However, it is shallow and many hazards are not covered. I did some skiing, but very carefully. I practiced my 180 turns from a standing stop, and did them successfully (I must be more flexible than before as I found this a problem before)

Due to limited skiing, I had a long lunch and did some sunbathing

The view of Glen Finglas Reservior from backside of Ben Ledi, some ice on the lochs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy