Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer options for Serre ?Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at a chalet option in Serre Che in the 1st week in March.
Operator has offered transfer options from Grenoble or Turin.
Getting to either requires a 3am start at this end and a two hour drive to Dublin. However I can get to Geneva from Belfast, which is only half an hour away and a reasonably timed mid morning flight.
My question is twofold:
> How much longer is the GVA - Serre Che transfer than the likes of GNB or TUR
> What sort of additional cost would they be on s shared transfer (if there is such a thing)
Getting too old for stupid-o-clock starts Happy
Thank you
CW

So any options for two adults in a twin room in a catered chalet from 2nd to 9th March would be welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll reply as the usual suspects haven't seen this, probably because it's in Resort Reviews

SC is a few miles from the Italian border on a reasonable road. You have to pass the Montgenevre Col, but other than that it's an easy route from Turin and I recall Hells Bells advising there is a regular, reasonably priced transfer service.

OTOH, the road from Grenoble is slow and congested, and that's once you've made it from GVA to Grenoble. I've sat in traffic jams merely to join the D1091. You can autoroute up the Maurienne and through the Frejus tunnel, which may well be quicker, but will cost.

I don't expect there would be any scheduled service and doubt you'd get much change from €300 for a private transfer.

I'm not as knowledgeable on these matters as some, but am confident the outcome will be the same. Find a more convenient Turin flight, or book a hotel Toofy Grin .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and one more point, Turin airport is not too far north of the city. Grenoble Isere could just as well be called 'South Lyon', it a way out of Grenoble on the wrong side.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It takes two hours to drive from Grenoble to Serre Che and about an hour and a half from Turin. Val Desire is correct about the drive from Turin being easier. Coming from Grenoble you need to pass Col Du Lautaret and it can close during storms. It takes about 4 hours to drive from Geneva, it's not close at all. IF you cannot find a more convenient flight to Turin, then try Lyon. This will add another half an hour, but it's a bigger airport with more flight options.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How about Milan? Does that work at all?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@cardweg, there are no transfer services from Geneva, you would need to hire a car. I've done the journey and it's about 3.5-4 hours depending on traffic. I guess you could probably sort out a private one, but it would be pretty expensive.
Lyon is about 2.5 hours from Serre Chevalier if that may be a better option, and there may even be a weekend bus service.

Check out https://www.serre-chevalier.com/en/winter/about-the-valley/how-to-get-here/ for who goes where, and what is available.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How about Milan? Does that work at all?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@cardweg, as you will have to pay for parking at Dublin anyway, why not find a hotel+parking package for the night before?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you can get to Geneva easily why limit yourself to SC? There are loads of options near Geneva.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Isn't there a really cheap bus service from Turin. Several departures per day at around 25e each way?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
you could fly to marseille and get a direct train to Briancon takes about four and a half hours, you can also travel by train from Grenoble to Briancon (one change at Gap). Used the Briancon - Marseille line at christmas to get to Risoul.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy