Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

off piste course options

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Would really appreciate some advice from SHs on off piste courses.

Travelling solo next so only a few location options and looking to join a multi-day group for off piste. 4 weeks off piste experience so happy with anything not max speed or steep couloirs. Course would be nice but would consider guiding but would b good to have same group through course to allow progresion. Options based on either Austria or Switz where i can get reasoanble fligth / accomm combos and cos thats where the pow is at the mo - ideas ?????

1. Pist to Powder in St. Anton but soiunds like reviews say 5 day group isnt actually a group and people signing up for a day join group in and out so no progression and loads of faffing (and its not exactly cheap)
2. can get a accomm package near Ischgl, but ski school just does each day guiding at a time, and cannot guarantee if any will run, if they do they might be intro to off piste group
3. Verbier but Powder Extreme is £770 for a week !!!

Any other outfits in either of those places (no others showed up on Google searches that might run next week) ? Looks like also a hostel in Klosters and Kitbuhel, but doesnt seem to be off piste groups only private guiding.

Any other ideas ? Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How about the GnarlBuG bash-not in Austria or Switzerland but allows those travelling solo to have several days of off piste experience? Assuming you are able to go the 1st week of March.

Other options may be Snoworks courses (have some in Austria but mostly France) or the Ski Club GB run several off piste courses over several days in different countries with instruction and/or guiding-I can recommend their Flaine one.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bitoffluff, powder-extreme is good. Was 810chf for 5 days last year when’s I did it. Not sure how you get to £770?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BobinCH wrote:
@bitoffluff, powder-extreme is good. Was 810chf for 5 days last year when’s I did it. Not sure how you get to £770?

that weeks a specia week with ISTA so 990CHF which with shocking exchange rates at mo comes to £770, boohoo
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DrNo wrote:
How about the GnarlBuG bash-not in Austria or Switzerland but allows those travelling solo to have several days of off piste experience? Assuming you are able to go the 1st week of March.

Other options may be Snoworks courses (have some in Austria but mostly France) or the Ski Club GB run several off piste courses over several days in different countries with instruction and/or guiding-I can recommend their Flaine one.

All great ideas - has to be next week as thats when I have off work, no Snoworks appropriate that week and sadly SCGB off piste in St. Anton guiding at anything but beginner piste all booked up that week as are All Freshtracks Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bitoffluff wrote:
All great ideas - has to be next week as thats when I have off work, no Snoworks appropriate that week and sadly SCGB off piste in St. Anton guiding at anything but beginner piste all booked up that week as are All Freshtracks Sad

Ah, didn't see the bit about next week! Yes, that would narrow down the options a bit...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bitoffluff, anything open with warren smith in verbier??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snoworks has spaces on the excellent Spanish back country course next week and week after
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^^^+1 hear this was Epic last year
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bitoffluff wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

that weeks a specia week with ISTA so 990CHF which with shocking exchange rates at mo comes to £770, boohoo

When I did it you could opt not to do the ISTA and it was back to 810chf. Worth asking them...

Here’s a post from yesterday with Anders, the guy we had https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs2_C9DgfFx/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1iuj8h4akozn
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any of the UCPA off piste courses have space next week? More cost effective. France not Austria / Swiss tho
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
£770 for a week. If this is an off piste course with mountain guides or even full cert instructors its a good deal - yes its a fair bit of money but it's still a good deal......if its a big group with a less than fully informed instructor withing the boundaries of the ski area then yeas Meh..
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great ideas above!
Book a deal (or DIY) to St Anton and join PistetoPowder or Arlberg Ski School

Get a last minute deal to France and you will find off-piste weeks with ESF, Evo2, or Oxygene in various resorts.

Mark Gear in Chamonix (All Mountain Performance). Should get a deal or DIY

My preferred is Snoworks but ...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
UCPA Argentiere has some off piste courses available (none sound exactly right for you and, as you say, the best snow is in Austria) but you'd need to get to Geneva. Under £900 for full board, instruction, hire of gear and lift pass. https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/winter/search-results?Season=1&SearchActivity=1&Resort=&Month=1&TwinRoomOnly=0
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bitoffluff, pretty sure you can sign up to Powder Extreme by day if you want to save some cash/only do 2 or 3 days
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy