Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heated gloves

Poster: A snowHead
My daughter gets Raynauds Phenomenon, she can without warning suddenly have one or two of her fingers turn completely white as if someone has just turned off the blood supply to them. It seems to be mainly triggered by exercise or cold or both, and it doesn't need to be that cold either. She's been to the doctors and she said to just make sure she had suitable gloves for exercise, even in warmer months. So we've got a selection of gloves for riding, hockey, etc. We need to buy her new gloves for skiing this year. Her hands are nearly the same size as mine now, and last year when she got cold hands she stole my heated gloves. I'm not happy about losing my heated gloves to one of my kids, so figured it would be useful to buy her some of her own. Mine were very expensive, I bought them in a ski resort when the temperature was -26C one day and I decided to treat myself. Knowing my child, if I bought her gloves that pricey she would lose one off a chairlift. There seem to be lots of cheaper heated gloves on Amazon. Has anyone got any good recommendations? Obviously they would need to be waterproof as well as warm even without the heating element on.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pandora, not Raynauds I know, but after getting frostnip in my fingers last year, the circulation isn't what it was, so bought these :
https://www.sport-conrad.com/en/products/ziener/gasper-as-pr-hot.html
Great price, €99 down from €199 and work brilliantly! Ziener also is one of the better manufacturers out there........
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Aha! They are the same as the ones I have and I agree they are brilliant. I paid the, err, pre-sale price for mine! Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pandora, most heated glves heat the back of the hand and not the fingers. Mrs U has Raynaud’s and those types don’t work for her.

She has used Blazewear glove lines for maybe 7 years now? We ski around 60 days a year and live in the Alps.

She has 3 battery sets and two chargers to ensure capacity for the coldest <15C days.

Www.blazewear.co.uk.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mrs Doc uses heated glove liners:

https://www.blazewear.com/our-gear/gloves/active-glove-liners-black

Although we have an older version, but they're very effective.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@pandora, did your heated gloves work for your daughter?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One of my sons has the same and we bought gloves from these people :-

https://www.blazewear.com/our-gear/gloves?msclkid=6bf7a6eaf7121e3ad228faab38711b85&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=WAB%20%3E%3E%20K.C%20%3E%3E%20Brand%20%3E%3E%20Broad&utm_term=%2Bblaze%20%2Bgloves&utm_content=Blaze%20Gloves%20%3E%3E%20Broad

They do not now sell the exact model he has but initially we bought the cheapest they did, that were fine until they fell apart within a couple of weeks, really because of bad manufacturing. They were very good about it and took them back and gave a full refund but also offered a discount on upgrading to another model with better rechargeable battery packs (and a spare set to carry in his pocket). They have been fine since and he has used them for several seasons. Don't know how their prices compare with your resort bought ones but I will try and find out which model it was.

Edit seen the other references put on whilst I was (slowly) thinking & typing Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just came across this:

https://www.glovesmag.com/heated-mittens/

https://sportprovement.com/best-battery-heated-gloves-and-mittens

https://hestragloves.com/sport/en/gloves/alpine/30441-power-heater/100/

I have no idea what is best, but mittens should be warmer?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 18-01-19 13:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
have a look on sportpursuit.com. I bough the OH some heated motorbike gloves on there (37 degrees) and she loves them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Treat yourself to a new pair & give her your old ones?
You can always get the wrist leashes for the gloves to aid in her not losing them?
Be interested if you find anything cheap as my partner also suffers from Raynauds but she wont spent money on decent gloves.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Haha, she's not having mine! But she will certainly have wrist leashes on whatever I get her. As has been pointed out, most of these gloves heat the back of the hand, so I'm looking at mittens atm as they are certainly warmer whichever way you look at them. Under a new name, I looked at the liners your wife has, and perhaps I will get her some when she has stopped growing! But they are quite pricey for a pair of liners when I'll have to buy outer gloves too and if she doesn't lose one she'll grow out of them before they've had more than 20 days use! She really only started to suffer last year - her wrists went very red and her middle fingers went completely white from the mid knuckle to the tip. It kept happening during PE at school and that's when I took her to the doctor.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yet another vote for the Blaze Wear liner gloves. My wife has Raynaulds too and uses the heated liners under all of her gloves including for horse riding if needs be. She does have two pairs though as the ones for riding and using at the stables do tend to pong of horse after a bit! (they doo hand wash well though)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've only used them a couple of times so far but I'm happy with the Tugga TG 110 heated gloves (£80 from Sport Pursuit).

If it's any help I have small hands (usually size 7) and the small fit ok. They aren't elegant, being more like a gauntlet, and overlap quite a bit onto/under the sleeve of my ski jacket.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pandora, when we bought them they only came in 2 sizes S-M and L-XL ...

Quite stretchy. I wouldn’t imagine she’d grow out of them ...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another vote for the blazewear liners .

I suffer with very cold fingers (self diagnosed reynaulds - white fingers and extremely painful burning feeling when they thaw out. Figure no point in going to the GP as they can’t do anything?).

The liners heat all the way to the fingertips.

Saved the day in The dolomites at new year.
Very cold on the day we tried to get to Marmolada. Minus 25 windchill.

I carry a spare set of batteries now though as they ran out very quickly the year before in La Rosiere .
I think Li batteries can get killed by the cold..?
latest report
Just bought myself some Zanier gloves after looking at the cheaper ones on Amazon. I’m hoping I get what I paid for. Somehow I dont envisage the cheapies doing the business but I may be wrong. My last heated gloves conked out in Ischgl this year and at minus 16-25 it was dreadful - for me. Glove liners and two pairs of gloves and my hands were still upset. Heated gloves therefore seem quite miraculous to me.
I don’t have Raynauds but it must be awful. Your daughter has my sympathy.
latest report
Ok you are talking me round to the Blazewear ones. Daughter also rides and has had a few short days this winter when we've finished early due to hand problems. We can be in the saddle for up to 5 hours at a time, and once I've got her properly trained up we could be riding for over 6 hrs a day (I do a lot of long distance competitive riding and she wants to tag along.) If the Blazewears can fit under any gloves they could be a winner. She will have to go skiing ponging of horse though. She can have 2 pairs when she earns the money Laughing
latest report
And *Sheffskibod* I did take daughter to the doctors, and you are right, she said they can't do anything, she just recommended good gloves. The trick is to no letting her get cold to start with. Which is rather difficult with a headstrong 11 year old who won't wear certain warm clothing because it's not cool!
snow report
@pandora, My daughter also has Reynauds....and after trying everything, I got her some Blazewear glove liners. She hasn't used them in anger, but am confident they will do the trick.

I have 2 suggestions:

1. Get a second battery (and preferably charger as well, as getting both batteries charged by the morning could be awkward), as you will need at least 2 batteries to see you through the day.

2. Get the Mitts after you get the liners, to make sure there is enough room in them and the cuff is long enough to cover the cuff of the liners.
I recommend Hestra Army Leather Heli.
snow report
@pandora, If you are looking to be riding (or skiing) for that long then you'll definitely need 2 sets of batteries for the blazewear liner gloves.
snow report
@pandora,
Quote:

recommended good gloves

Is, sadly, in our experience, not adequate advice. Mrs U suffers in the Geneva heat of 35C summer when washing lettuce if the water's too cold Crying or Very sad She struggled with Hestra Heli Mitts and Silk liners for about a season till we discovered a rather industrial motorbike heated glove system (with adapter cables for BMW electricity).

Blazewear much more elegant. AFAIK, none of the other brands heat around the finger, which is critical. Also, we were chatting to a chap in one of the big shops in Cham and while he didn't name names, they have tried a number of brands and have more or less given up due to failures and returns. I think we are on year 7 with the Blazewear and we ski ~50-60 days a year in a good year.

We did have to replace one liner, which of course was a pair and although out of guarantee, they just sent us new ones. I have a suspicion that there'd been a bad batch.

You need more than one set of batteries for any of these systems, if you are running on full power for more than 2-3 hours. As you can see, it's pretty important to us and we have spent quite a lot of time looking at solutions.

Other top tip, as you will have multiple chargers, often in hotels, apartments or ski rooms with limited sockets, get a multi socket with an illuminated switch (!!) - it 's very vexing to come downstairs and discover that you hadn't actually energised the charging systems... (and the LEDs on many of these will illuminate off residual battery charge without mains being on - which is easier to mistake than you'd think). A nice bright red illuminated switch excludes one source of error, esp. after an apres-ski apero.
ski holidays
Quote:

it 's very vexing to come downstairs and discover that you hadn't actually energised the charging systems... (and the LEDs on many of these will illuminate off residual battery charge without mains being on - which is easier to mistake than you'd think).

been there, done that with Mrs A's pair of Blazewear heated gloves. Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy