Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

getting bindings mounted on new skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Apologies if been done many times before.

Just looking at cost to hire advanced skis for 10 days in Canada and seen some offers on the actual skis we want to hire so in the long run would be cheaper to buy.

Me and partner both want Volkl Kenja however we don't want the same year model as we don't like matching! (our current skis are the same as we both wanted same model rolling eyes )

We have skied the Kenjas 2017 model in Canada a few years back and loved them.

I can get a 2017 model ski from a site in Germany but their bindings are really expensive. Would it be easy enough to buy separate and take into a shop- Ellis Brigham or Tiso Blues and will they mount bindings on skis that are not bought there? I suppose I could get the bindings at the shop doing work.

We can see this years models with bindings fitted for a good price.

Any advice much appreciated- only ever bought skis with bindings already mounted

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shops here will have no problem mounting them, there'll be a commensurate cost of course which will have a different basis if they've not supplied them. No problem usually mix and match to get what you want.

Worth talking to local ski shop to see what they can offer as you can accurately guage total finished cost.

If there's limited supply of new old stock you're forced to get the skis from whoever has stock, then match in bindings through whatever route.

We bought, from past season stock, skis from Ski Bartlett in summer but they didn't have bindings we were after. Later in year went back to see options and they'd audited stock which turned up our preferred choice which they mounted free as both components were bought there. Cost for mounting without their supply would have been £50. They've got to make money one way or another on the deal.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
After much more online searching have ordered 2 sets of Kenjas from a German website that mount the bindings before sending.

Supposed to arrive by this Thursday- i’ll Be impressed if they do
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy