Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

different BSL in same binding?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

Anyone know what sort of wiggle room you've got with regards to 2 sets of boots with slightly different BSL (4mm difference) being used in the same binding? I know each binding will be different but is there a general rule of thumb? Would be faff to adjust forward pressure and heel between alpine and touring boots each time.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From nothing to 30mm depending upon the make/model of binding so you need to he specific so you need to he specific re the binding - bit for the majority of bindings 4mm is easy. FP and possible toe height will need adjusting each time but it'a 30 second job.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks very much. It's a Shift but I was hoping to get away with not having to adjust every time I switch boots... oh well
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Shift has 30mm of total adjustment in the heel and assuming the jig was set to your sole length them the heel can go back 12mm and forward 18mm. The correct toe height is critical on the Shift so for your safety that must be readjusted in addition to the forward pressure. Still only a 30 seconds job per ski and super fast compared to the faff of changing boots.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fair enough, thanks again. I'll have to locate a copy of the manual which I may have thrown away....

If the binding was mounted according to the BSL of my alpine boots though, won't it be the case that the boot centre on my AT boots won't match up to the recommended position on the ski as it's a bit longer? Does this matter too much?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Meltus,

if you can detect a difference of mm to your effective mounting position you are a ski god!
Seriously it will be swamped by the difference in your boots.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy