Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for Quebec?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all

Furthermore to my regular 3 weeks in AB/BC next year I've just found out we're having a family reunion in Quebec in March. We figured we may as well turn this into a ski trip.

I've never skiied East Canada before so don't really know where I should be looking at. I'm an experience skiier, mum is a nervous novice and sister & dad are complete beginners (but VERY competitive). I should imagine we'll be having about 7-10 days so there should be enough terrain to keep me happy.

Any personal recommendations?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alexandra, the one which springs to mind is Tremblant. It's a nice ski area with good ski school and should have enough to keep you all interested for 10 days.
they have a good website as well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alexandra, Whereabouts in Quebec are you going to be? It's very big! Tremblant is a reasonable place if you're there with a fair amount of tree-lined skiing (which can be a bit samey after a while). It's great for beginners and near beginners as there is a lovely top-to-bottom green run (Nansen). Very local to Tremblant is Mont Blanc and another smaller area (never tried them but www.goski.com may give you some info on them). I have also skied Mont Saint Marie which is a small hill 1 hour from Ottawa - good for a day trip. I heard good things about Mont Sainte Anne by a ski instructor from one of the snowy bumps outside Ottawa - he reckoned it to be better than Tremblant.

On the road from Montreal to Tremblant are tens of small ski areas that do floodlit skiing for Montreal locals - don't know if that would be of interest. The same is true on the Quebec side from Ottawa.

As a general rule the resorts are low and get their snow from snow cannons because it gets b*****y cold in the winter. March should have warmed up a bit so you might get slush/icy conditions. Another general note is that runs are not very long even at Tremblant and the runs are lots of different ways down a small number of faces.

Hope this helps.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Chris & David.

I had looked at some ski websites and Mont Saint Anne looked the best for "me" but I really want somewhere that's great for all the family. As for the size of Quebec itself, that's not really a problem if we're going to be there for some time - as yet I don't know where the reunion will be.

This year the snow was better in Tremblant than Banff area (Jan/Feb) - you never can tell with these damned conditions! Wink

If anyone has any more personal recs please let rip! Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alexandra
If you are going to be based in or travelling to Quebec City, then Mont-Saint Anne is easily accessible, as is Stoneham. Incidentally, if you are not actually staying in Quebec City I noticed driving through that there seems to be lots of budget motel accomodation in the town of Ste Anne de Beaupre (near to Mont Saint Anne). However, if you are going to that area you must, must must (get the idea? snowHead ) go about half an hour's drive further east from Ste Anne de Beaupre to visit the resort of Le Massif. This has good skiing (one of the slopes is used by the Canadian national ski team for training) and an outstanding view overlooking the St Lawrence river - it looks as if the piste almost goes down to the water's edge Shocked (it doesn't quite).
For more info on these areas visit www.fun2ski.com
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy