Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thyon les Collons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been asked to accompany my daughter and her two children ( 6 and 3) as a nanny!!( well l am l suppose.) for a first ski holiday. Daughter is a good skier and l would like her to have a good ski. I am there for child care plus a little skiing.(doh) only joking. Any tips? I believe there is a local ski pass? I will be first call. Both children in ski school/ kindergarten. I will enjoy it whatever. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@margaret, the local ski pass covers the Printze area of the 4 Vallees which includes Thyon, Veysonaz, Siviez and Nendaz. You can buy a half day pass but not sure of the prices.

Thyon is the purpose built resort at the top of the hill with a few restaurants and bars plus a couple of small shops, Les Collons is split over three road levels, the lower being the most busy.

Thyon Les Collons is not the busiest of resorts and night life is quiet. Our favourite place to eat in Les Collons is La Luge Pizzeria on the middle level, La Cambuse hotel is ok. L’Alpage on the piste from Thyon to Les Collons is lovely for lunch but pricey.

The Ski School meeting point is in Thyon by one of the restaurants , I would imagine the youngest will be in the ski garden on the plateau behind Thyon and the eldest out on the hill. Our two went through the ESS in Thyon until they were 14 or so and they were fine, good English spoken by the instructors who wanted to be there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for your info. Is there a supermarket in the area ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a small supermarket "La Mura" in Les Collons (the lower part of Thyon) with butcher and bakery by the Trabanta lift base, and a smaller shop up in Thyon 2000. It should cover the basics but it does seem a bit limited; you might want to take some essentials with you (e.g. spices you can't live without) or stop in the valley if you are driving to resort.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're driving down, remember Switzerland closes on a Sunday so do your en route shopping on this basis if you need to (resort supermarkets usually open Sunday morning but not afternoon). Obviously, have suitable walking boots for snow/ice. You might like to try some snowshoeing if you're at a loose end, which we do increasingly in poorer weather. Personally I think the ESS is much better than the ESF in terms of English instruction. We always take tea bags with us as the ones in our local village supermarket aren't to our taste (our village of La Tzoumaz is at the very farthest end of the 4 Vallées to Les Collons).

I assume you'll stay in the Thyon-Vaysonnaz-Les Collons area, but just in case anyone suggests it: going over to the rest of the 4 Valleys via Siviez to Verbier is non-trivial, especially the return. OK for intermediates but I'd say a challenge for novices i.e. your daughter should be OK with this but I'd still recommend leaving promptly in the morning, and be careful about the time it takes to get back.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you for the information. The children have been booked into a ski school, no idea which one. We arrive on a Friday, but are not driving. The boy child has been booked a private lesson, as ski school starts on Sunday. I figure a local lift pass for me as l will be dropping off and picking up said children, so my daughter can ski more. Have snow boots with good grips. Agree about the return from Verbier, daughter has done Le Tunnel, so l guess she will cope with it
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy