Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpes-Maritime - Valberg and Greolieres

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A couple of photos HERE from a couple of less well known resorts in the southern Alps. They are probably 'unknown' to the British public in that the are both owned by the 'Departement' and in the case of Greolieres is tiny!

Greolieres claims to be the most southerly ski resort in France. It only has one reason to go there really- the view of the Mediterranean from the summit- unfortunately it was snowing ( a rare event) last Friday.

Valberg on the other hand ( still only 70km from Nice airport) is a real, if laid-back, ski resort covering about 120km. It is a very cold area but lacking occasionally in snow - BUT has enough snow-making equipment to guarantee that 85% of its slopes are always open. Plenty of natural snow at the moment and the avalanche warning is 3/4 !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Apologies - I understand the link wasn't working when I first did this .. I'm now assured by another snowHead that it is now OK
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eEvans wrote:
Greolieres claims to be the most southerly ski resort in France.

They obviously don't own a map, it is not even the most southerly resort in the French Alps.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof, Then what is?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
eEvans wrote:
davidof, Then what is?

Well the 27 ski resorts in the Pyrenees are obviously further south, idem for the 3 resorts of Corsica but so is l'Audibergue in the Alpes Maritimes. Chalet Reynaud (sp?) may even be further south although there I have some doubts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, Seems obvious that Pyrenees are further South ( but not a lot) although I couldn't even name one resort so could never check!! Embarassed

Love it ! L'Audibergue ! Just checked on my Hand-Held ( trusting sort aren't I!!) and you are right ... loads further from the coast but further South by several..... metres ! I'm afraid I'm not sure where you mean by Chalet Reynaud ... Puzzled

Point taken about Corsica , but since when did the French recognise it as such?? I suppose if I wanted to be a total pillock I could find one on Reunion too ... but think L'Audibergue gives me enough to have a decent 'debate' when I next go there .. Thanks wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi eEvans,

Nice piccies of Valberg, past the turn off on the N202 from nice many times on my way up to Allos always wondered what it was like! I think these resorts may have a resurgence of Birtish visitors given the proximity of Nice and the cost avalibility of flights etc. Probably more than enough skiing for most people for a few days or even a week at a push! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy