Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Intuition Liners - DIY tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title says, I am about to pull the triger on some Intuition liners. As I live in Norway, and there are no bootfitters here - at all, it will be a home job.

After some research it appears that most prefer warming the liners in the oven and then placing them inside the shell.

Has anyone actually tried their recommended rice method?

Which method would those that have miolded these at home themselves recommend?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a detailed thread on this in the Tech Talk forum on TGR. I've done neither but I'd think the disaster factor is a lot less with the rice method - which IIRC Markymark29 has done successfully so I'd PM him.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Lilledonmarco
Quote:

Yes - rice method worked fine for me, so no problems using this method. Cool

Did a fair amount of research beforehand and read of various problems getting inners back into shell after heating in the oven.

However for my most recent inners I actually used a DIY hot air gun (with adjustable temperature setting) and used a 90deg pvc pipe to feed the air into the toe of the boot
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Lilledonmarco, I did Intuition Dreamliners very successfully using the oven. You just have to be attentive and know that your oven heats evenly. Obviously, if you manage to bake your liners to destruction you really shouldn't be allowed out on your own.

From memory, I heated them one at a time at about 150 C for only about 2-3 minutes. Then footbed goes in. Very thin socks. Then into the boot (might want gloves handy for that bit) and clamp them up nice and tight and evenly ensuring heel is well seated. Key is to avoid creases so a two person operation to get the boot held open may also help. You can pull on handles on both tongue and back of liner until it all feels right. Then flex and walk about a bit.

I have seen reports from people who don't bother with any of that - the mere action of skiing in them can have the same effect.

Frankly they are the best liners I have ever had (and I have had them all) so thoroughly recommend.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:
the disaster factor is a lot less with the rice method.

I killed my microwave doing the rice method.
I used one of them muscle relief rice bags.
Cooked it to long & it burst into flames!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geoffers wrote:
@Lilledonmarco
Quote:

Yes - rice method worked fine for me, so no problems using this method. Cool

Did a fair amount of research beforehand and read of various problems getting inners back into shell after heating in the oven.

However for my most recent inners I actually used a DIY hot air gun (with adjustable temperature setting) and used a 90deg pvc pipe to feed the air into the toe of the boot

excellent.

So, for your most recent liners, you just used the heat gun?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Lilledonmarco,
Quote:
you just used the heat gun?

Yes - I set the heat on the gun to ~110deg C for about 10 minutes (Intuition say not to heat > 119deg https://intuitionliners.com/fitting/shop-fitting-instructions/ ) and used something like this (pvc toilet cistern connector pipe) to run the air into the boot ... note that the PVC will go quite soft when you do this, but doesn't melt.

Also made a toe cap out of 5mm neoprene from an old wetsuit to pack out round my toes, plus extra padding over the bony top of my foot
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy