Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier - good for new years?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're looking at booking a chalet in Serre Chevalier for next New Years. We're a big group including adults, teens and younger kids. And mixed abilities including some complete beginners!! Is SC a good choice? Has anyone got experience of skiing there over the New Year period? We were originally looking at the three valleys but everything seems way too expensive!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's quite a low resort for early season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@surferrosa SC is a good option for New Year. As it will be busy but not crazy busy. Although base resorts are 1200m-1500m majority of pistes are above 2000m and hold snow well. This year they were first French resort to crack 2m snow depth. Where is the chalet located? The slopes vary massively in terms of best spot for beginners vs intermediates. One benefits is there is huge amounts of non-skiing things to do. Hot springs, ice driving, visiting Briancon old town which is unesco heritage site.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been to SC last year in mid January. We have stayed in Briançon close to its main gondola.
The village is indeed low but the gondola will take you up and everything is properly connected.
The old village will justify max. an afternoon plus evening out. It's a real city with an old part located on a hill, with fortified walls and a steep and narrow main street. Nice craft shops and restaurants.
The ski area was vast and interesting. You also have Risoul and Montgenevre (in different directions) close enough to drive for 1 day ski trips/different snow condition etc.
No reason NYE won't be fine there.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 17-01-19 12:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The chalet is in La Salle Les Alpes close to the Pontillas gondala, looks fairly central!! We don't need crazy nightlife as the chalet is catered and we have a few small kids in our party.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The snowmaking is great here at SC and being N facing means we get to keep it, there may not be masses open in the event of a snow drought, but there's always good skiing to be had!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You'll need to take the Frejus gondola to go up and ski towards Monetier and towards Villeneuve/Briancon. Home will be by a red piste, if your chalet is near Pontillas. It's a nice one (Bez), but the beginners will better download.
I wouldn't put together (crazy) nightlife and SC. But then again, I was in Briancon and had much fun without table dancing. If i remember correctly, one of SH finest is in Monetier le Bains - Hells Bells. She'll know better.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy