Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courcheval 1650 or Menuires/Reberty for April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having been to neither which would be the better base location for a short last minute April break (pre-Easter) . . .?

Looking at piste map Menurires is close to Val Thorens however looking at history Courcheval could be quieter . . .
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having done the first week of April out of Meribel last season, I can say we spent more time in the Belleville Valley so would plump for Reberty
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The top of C1850 will be ok in April but C1650 will be a slushfest. So will LM low down but LM is only one lift to VT and two to la Masse. Go to LM.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will VT be rammed though . . .? Presume Courcheval to VT via lifts is a hike and not doable/worth it on a short break. . .?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’d go for Les M/Reberty. Val T probably busy but not rammed pre Easter. Depends on snow conditions elsewhere across 3V.

Last April, 15th-22nd, 1650 still OK late mornings. Nearby 1850 good. Meribel and south facing Les M slopes more prone to slush.

Obviously depends how fast you ski but day trips from one end of piste map to other (1650 to Orelle sector or vice versa) perfectly doable.

On balance though, in April, staying closer to Val T, La Masse, Mt Vallon probably best.
snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's never that rammed in April but better to avoid the actual Easter week if it coincides with French Easter which it does this year. VT's a far better resort in Spring than Winter so you should go there. You also have Orelle and La Masse available as quieter high altitude skiing options.

C1650 to VT is 5 lifts and about an hour and a half each way for an average skier. It's not much of a ski if you go the quickest way though, more of a commute. Going there in the morning will be fine but coming home will be a slog. If you don't have the strength, stamina and technique to ski slush at high speed you'll get fed up of it quite rapidly.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

It's never that rammed in April but better to avoid the actual Easter week if it coincides with French Easter which it does this year.

? Surely the UK and France share the same dates for Easter. Always. Neither country follows the Orthodox church which does have different dates for Easter.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah I think what I meant was try and avoid a year when Paris/Zone C holidays coincide with UK Easter holidays.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Both are high and will be fine for April.

C1650 is where the frustrated middle-classes go and wish they could afford to stay 200m higher up the hill.

Les Menuires is where the poor folks go.

You pays yer money, etc.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been to two EoSBs, admittedly later in April, when the runs/lifts for Courchevel 1650 have been closed. Les Menuires is the better bet, including for access to VT, Mont Vallon and La Masse, as others have said. Whitegold's dubious sociological input is of questionable relevance.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Whitegold, lol....snobbery of all types is a plague on this site....on this basis I'm willing to slum it with the chavs
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy