Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Schools in Flachau

Poster: A snowHead
First time in Flachau over New Year. After a ski guide to show my family around the ski area and take us to the best mountain restaurants! Any recommendations please, either actual guides or which ski school (and why) to approach. Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@richardarthur, do you mean an off-piste guide or are you looking for a private lesson for your family?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Both are options
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@richardarthur, for Flachau, the best restaurant is on the Wagrain side on the Flying Mozart run - the Auhofalm. Otherwise Lisa Alm on the Flachau side and Zum Holzwurm on the world cup run. At the bottom of the Achterjet, the Herzlalm

To be honest we will give you a better idea of restaurants in the area than a guide - you certainly don't need a guide to take you to them!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 18-10-18 12:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@richardarthur, In town, the Possruck. As you come into the village on the right the Weinstuberl for pizza and pasta. Schusterhausl for steak. need to book for New Years Eve. I think we are going to Schusterhausl this year, having done Possruck for the last 2 years
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
On ski schools I prefer Herman Maier to Sport am Jet
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@richardarthur, as holidayloverxx suggests you won't need a piste guide, the maps and signposting are excellent.

Your lift pass also covers all of Ski Amadé, of which Wagrain/St Johann/Alpendorf is lift-linked. Hut recommendations there are Krapfenalm, Kreistenalm, Straßalm.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In Flachauwinkl (get the bus, free and 10 mins journey) Winklalm
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone had experience of any of the other ski schools aside from Herman Maier?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@richardarthur, yes, Sport am jet. I was not impressed by the instructor
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks, at HM can you recommend any particular instructors?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@richardarthur, sorry no, there are a huge number of seasonal workers and I can't remember the names of any of instructors that I have used
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We used Fischis a couple of years ago for a range of kids ages / abilities. They also did packages with ski hire and 3 full days of lessons not just a full week which was great as it meant we had some family ski days rather than running back every day to get them.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We used Fischis last year

2 beginners had group lessons, one instructor who was ok and then it changed to one that was awful. A complaint was made, and they didn't like that.
3 intermediates had a lesson that was quite good.
1 Snowboarder had a lesson that was outstanding
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have a look at our Facebook Page "The Red and White Ski Company" @Skiflachau. I know I posted some restaurant reviews on and off the piste plus some other info on events you might find interesting. Ski Schools, I'd go for HM too if you are based in Flachau.
snow conditions
Thanks, found your post, very helpful!
latest report
I'm back to Flachau this New Year, having had such an amazing time last year! Had quite a good guide last year but after someone who has a bit more chat and is good with kids (aged 15,13,11) and local to Flachau. Anyone got any good recommendations?
snow report
@richardarthur, so you hired a private instructor for your family last season? Is that what you mean by guide? Perhaps your children would prefer ski school with other children?
latest report
@queenie pretty please, I hired an instructor to guide us off piste given the snow conditions last year, not full on guiding given the children's age. As it was our first time in this resort, my view is its always good to get a local showing you around and giving you some tuition/tips at the same time. My kids get plenty of ski school with the opportunity to ski with other kids in other resorts during the season, hope that's ok with you?
snow report
@richardarthur, OK I understand. I don't know any off-piste guides, sorry.
snow conditions
@richardarthur, I can recommend Thomas at the Red White Red Ski School. Works out of Wagrain but will come to Flachau. Highly qualified and a top bloke. He and I have done quite a lot of Touring together. I'll PM you his details.
latest report
@RedandWhiteFlachau, /thanks!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy