Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets or Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Trying to fit in a late trip for three 3 days on the slopes for myself, wife and kids,13 and 17. We've skied for four years (Tignes and La Plagne).

Looking for a resort with short transfers which is why I went for either of these two, and where we can get time on the piste and wife can keep herself busy in town as she will only enjoy limited time on skis.

Which resort would be best to cover both options please, and of course which resort would be best for snow conditions at this late time in the season?

Looking to go either March 29th to 2nd April or April 3rd to 7th.

Any help would be so grateful

Thanks

Stu
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Morzine is bigger and has more for non skiers. They share one ski area so conditions are the same, but Morzine has better access to Avoriaz which will have better conditions than both.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ska599, maybe go higher, Avoriaz?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Def head for Avoriaz
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very little for non-skiers in Avz
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for all your advice
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I love Les Gets but in your situation I would choose Morzine as it gives quicker, easier access to the higher skiing of Avoriaz. Morzine is bigger than Les Gets so potentially offers more to do in the town than Les Gets. For the non and limited skier it is easier to meet up with the skiers either at the top of Prodains, Super Morzine and Ardent on the Avoriaz side or Pleney and Nyon on the Les Gets side for lunch or coffee.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ska599, Does it have to be one of those two resorts? Both are pretty low for that time of year. Avoriaz is much higher and will have better snow around the resort but even so, the mountain tops are nearly 1000m lower than many other resorts. I wonder if you might find the PdS a bit disappointing at that time of year after the likes of La Plagne or tignes. There’s plenty of snow now, even snow down to Morzine itself, but if it does warm up a bit then you may not want to spend too much time skiing the lower altitudes of the PdS and that doesn’t leave you much above.

Personally, I’d bite the bullet, suffer an hour extra’s transfer and go somewhere better suited to the Spring. Failing that, how about Flaine? The resort is higher and it holds the snow extremely well. Transfer time of 1:25 (maybe not so good for non-skiers)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy