Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon X max vs XDR 84

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys. I’m finally getting around to buying a set of skis. I’ve always been a fan of Salomon, and have found good deals on both the S Max 10 and also XDR 84. I have previously ski’d and enjoyed the x-drive, which I believe are the spiritual predecessor of the XDR. Both seem to get good reviews. The only thing with the s max is max length is 175 vs 186 with XDR. I’m 6ft 2 and would prefer the longer ski. I would really appreciate any comparisons between the two. Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a brand new set of xdr84 waiting for me to take them on snow 9th Feb.
I'm a little surprised and disappointed that they seem to have been somewhat dropped considering they only came out last year. The s-max range seems far more piste oriented than them , and I think the xdr has more tip rocker so probably skis shorter than it's nominal length.
I've got a pair of xdrive 80 which I enjoyed too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great! Thanks for the input. XDR’s are looking favourite for me so far. Anyone else?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Got a new pair of XDR 80’s and they were great.... really held an edge on the hard and super responsive in the softer stuff
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy