Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can any one recommend any where to book reasonably priced ski hotels in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the first time in a long time I’m able to get away for a 4 night trip for a ski trip but on my own. I have only done packaged deals before. I’m in Newcastle and the only real options for flights is Geneva (will go to any larger resort preferably Morzine, Chamonix etc.) or Malaga (Sierra Nevada). I would prefer France and a shared bus over a 3 hour drive but I’m struggling to find a reasonably priced hotel in France. The flights and baggage cones to less than £100 but the hotels are fortunes.

I’m pretty flexible with dates and can do Monday to Friday or Thursday to Monday. I have tried all the regular places like Expedia, air bnb etc but everything seems to be over £450. If I’m in France I would prefer a town location and close to lifts as I just want to ski, eat, sleep, repeat. Am I being unrealistic and do these places exist? I don’t think I could cope with a dorm room any more as I’m 36 with kids and work away a lot so I’m not used to that any more.

It seems cheaper to go for a last minute week break but I can’t get the time off. I have been checking Sunweb etc and wouldn’t mine booking a deal excluding travel and sorting that part.

Any help appreciated
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What dates are you looking at? AirBnB, Homeaway, Booking.com are the usual spots I look. Difficult when you're just looking for a single bed though.

Last minute booking may be best way to go.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jcsb36 wrote:
If I’m in France I would prefer a town location and close to lifts as I just want to ski, eat, sleep, repeat. Am I being unrealistic and do these places exist?
Yes, they exist. Well, one does, anyway. Brides-les-Bains which links into Meribel.

A quick search on booking.com for 4 nights at the end of January shows plenty of 3* hotels at c£250, some below £200. Even a double room in the 4* Mercure is only £283. Some places even have the same prices in February but I couldn't recommend that as a time to go (French Half Term).

A shared transfer is €130 return from http://www.3vt.co.uk/ or it's an easy 2 hour drive from Geneva in a hire car if the transfer timings don't work.

You can take the Olympe gondola into Meribel each day which is included in the lift pass. It's a 25 minute ride and opens at 8.30am so you can still make first lift in Meribel. If you then take the Saulire Express you can also be at the top of Courchevel for first tracks before their lifts are.

The gondola's walking distance from the central hotels but there's also a free ski bus. It's a slightly uphill walk so particularly if it's icy I'd recommend taking a locker at the gondola for your gear to keep things easy. https://www.brides-les-bains.com/hiver/en/skiing/ski-lockers/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks I will look further out from Geneva. The car hire is about £220 for 4 days so takes the price up quiet a bit.

Bizarrely on sunweb if you put two people in instead of one some of the deals are cheaper.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jcsb36,

You could also try Hotels.com or booking.com for hotels in Moutiers, which is a 20 minute drive from St Martin or 5 minutes from Brides Les Bains (both for the 3 Valleys). Moutiers is a pleasant town and (double) hotel rooms start at about €50 per night.

Good luck - and let us know how you get on.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try the Relais du Petit Saint Bernard in La Rosiere, IMO it's the best 2 star hotel in France, it's also right next to the main lifts and lift pass prices in La Rosiere are a lot less than nearby resorts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Try the tourist offices of resorts that fit your travel plans as they may well have b&b type places that could work for a short break?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pyrenees.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/category-view.asp

If you're looking last minute, for Monday - Friday there will probably be somebody on that forum in Avoriaz/Morzine/Grand Massif with a bed that has been occupied both weekends and will love to sell the mid-week. Transfers are cheap and easy too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jcsb36,

if you are getting the car from Geneva, try https://www.hotel-autantic-savoie.fr/en in Bourg. They do short B&B stays, and OK, it ain't 5* luxury but more than adequate for a 4 day stay (which is what myself and my daughter did, 2 years ago). Large car park and ski storage, and a short walk into town for evening meal.

Easy access to Les Arcs, Rosiere, and, with the car Val, Tignes and even 3 Valleys. World is your lobster, and can choose your resort in the morning based on snow cover/weather / whim.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've stayed in this Air BnB in Les Houches twice before, it's really cheap and pretty central, with the ski bus stop right outside (easy access to Les Houches and Brevent/Flegere). Working out at £279 for 4 nights for the 21st to 25th January. Very easy transfer from Geneva too.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/12935264?location=Les%20Houches%2C%20France&adults=1&check_in=2019-01-21&check_out=2019-01-25&guests=1
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jcsb36,
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could try here:

https://mountainsunfrance.com/winter-holidays/tignes-short-breaks/

which is just up the road from us.

Just need flights that line up with their transfers or someone who drives that route (Gva to Tignes) on a Thurs and returns on a Mon/Tues ....... like me Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy